The Early Entry Program to the Graduate Certificate in Applied Statistics serves as a fast path for completing an undergraduate degree and a Graduate Certificate in Applied Statistics, condensing what would normally be about five years of study into about four years. By accelerating the completion of the undergraduate degree and the graduate certificate, students will jump start their careers as professionals and potentially can continue on to the master’s degree. The Early Entry Program makes graduate education more accessible and affordable.
The Early Entry to the Graduate Certificate in Applied Statistics is open to any major at UA Little Rock as long as they meet program requirements.
- Undergraduates may apply and be accepted provisionally any time after completing 75 or more hours of undergraduate course work. However, at least 90 hours of undergraduate coursework must have been completed by the time the first graduate course is taken.
- All applicants must have at least a 3.2 overall GPA at UA Little Rock in order to be considered. Students who have transferred to our program can participate in the Early Entry Program provided their relevant transfer coursework (i.e., courses taken at another institution used to meet our baccalaureate degree requirements) also meets the 3.2 minimum GPA criteria.
- All applicants must have completed the following courses: MATH 1451 and STAT 3352 or equivalent with a C or higher
How to Apply
Students are strongly encouraged to apply to the Early Entry Program for a Graduate Certificate in Applied Statistics before the end of their junior year to ensure that they have the full subsequent year to begin taking appropriate courses for graduate credit.
- All applicants must complete an application for and be accepted into the Graduate Certificate in Applied Statistics program and the UA Little Rock Graduate School.
- All applicants must complete an Early-Entry Program form and be approved for admission by the Department of Mathematics and Statistics graduate coordinator.
- If, at the end of the student’s baccalaureate degree, a Graduate Certificate in Applied Statistics student has failed to meet the Graduate School admission requirement of a 2.7 overall undergraduate GPA, the student will be dismissed from the Graduate Certificate in Applied Statistics program.
Once a completed application has been received by the Department of Mathematics and Statistics, the student will be notified generally within 30 days whether they have been accepted.
A completed application consists of:
- Completed graduate application for the UA Little Rock Graduate School
- Completed Early Entry GC Program Form
- Two letters of recommendation, one of which must be from a faculty member in the Department of Mathematics and Statistics (letters are to be submitted directly by faculty)
Submit your application to the Early Entry Program Coordinator: Dr. Annie Childers, Assistant Professor firstname.lastname@example.org.