Welcome to the MAC at UA Little Rock!
We are here to equip students with the proper skills necessary to succeed in mathematics and statistics as well as to dispel the myths and negative attitudes associated with mathematics.
The mission of the MAC is to:
- instill confidence in students’ mathematical abilities,
- increase competence and literacy,
- raise students’ mathematical achievement, and
- develop an appreciation for mathematics.
Our Learning Outcomes are:
- Reduce anxiety, particularly anxiety associated with math learning
- Switch negative believes to positive attitudes about mathematics
- Increase homework grades, test scores, and overall grade
- Improve student confidence
- Reduce stress levels related to math learning
The MAC operates through:
- in-person tutoring in The Learning Commons
- virtual synchronous tutoring via Zoom
- asynchronous tutoring through email@example.com
We are currently located in The Learning Commons on the first floor of Ottenheimer Library. Although walk-in students are welcome, an appointment is preferred in order to guarantee a tutor is available at the time you need it.
Our current summer tutoring schedule is:
Monday – Thursday: 10:00am – 2:00pm in The Learning Commons
Monday – Thursday: 6:00pm – 9:00pm virtually via Zoom
Tutoring Schedule and Zoom Info: MAC Summer 2 Schedule (2)
Asynchronous tutoring occurs by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.