The Mathematics Assistance Center (MAC) is here to equip students with the skills needed to succeed in math and statistics as well as dispel myths and negative attitudes associated with math.
We are located in the Learning Commons on the first floor of the Ottenheimer Library. Although walk-in students are welcome, an appointment by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. is preferred in order to guarantee a tutor is available at the time you need tutoring.
We offer in-person tutoring in the Learning Commons and virtual synchronous tutoring via Zoom.
In Person Schedule:
Monday-Thursday: 9:00 a.m-5:00 pm
Friday: 9:00 a.m-4:00 pm
Online via Zoom:
Monday- Thursday: 5 p.m. – 9 p.m.
Appointments can be made at https://tutoring.ualr.edu/
The mission of the MAC is to:
- instill confidence in students’ mathematical abilities,
- increase competence and literacy,
- raise students’ mathematical achievement, and
- develop an appreciation for mathematics.
Our Learning Outcomes are:
- Reduce anxiety, particularly anxiety associated with math learning
- Switch negative believes to positive attitudes about mathematics
- Increase homework grades, test scores, and overall grade
- Improve student confidence
- Reduce stress levels related to math learning