Welcome to the MAC at UA Little Rock!
We are here to equip students with the proper skills necessary to succeed in mathematics and statistics as well as to dispel the myths and negative attitudes associated with mathematics.
The mission of the MAC is to:
- instill confidence in students’ mathematical abilities,
- increase competence and literacy,
- raise students’ mathematical achievement, and
- develop an appreciation for mathematics.
Our Learning Outcomes are:
- Reduce anxiety, particularly anxiety associated with math learning
- Switch negative believes to positive attitudes about mathematics
- Increase homework grades, test scores, and overall grade
- Improve student confidence
- Reduce stress levels related to math learning
The MAC operates through:
- in-person tutoring in The Learning Commons
- virtual synchronous tutoring via Zoom
- asynchronous tutoring through firstname.lastname@example.org
We are currently located in The Learning Commons on the first floor of Ottenheimer Library. Our physical location is currently open for in-person tutoring on:
Monday – Thursday: 8:00am – 5:00pm
Friday: 8:00am – 4:00pm
Online tutoring schedules vary depending on the day, but they can be found on the MAC Tutoring Schedule which includes links to the Zoom rooms.
Asynchronous tutoring occurs by emailing email@example.com.