The IT Competency exam instructions and content are located on the UA Little Rock Department of Business Information Systems website.
- The IT Competency Exam is free of charge.
- You should be academically advised by the Department of Business Information Systems prior to registering for the test. Your advisor will have information regarding setting up an account with SAM Cengage, the online platform used to take the test. For more information about how to set up your account, visit the Department of Buisiness Information System’s website.
- Students are allowed the use of any notes or textbooks that they feel will be of use.
- An appointment is required to test on UA Little Rock campus in the Testing Services computer lab, located in the Student Services Center, room 315. However, it is not necessary to take the test in a proctored environment. If you choose to test in our computer lab, use our online scheduler to make an appointment.
- If you are unable to test in our computer lab or would prefer to take the test at home, simply follow the directions on the Business Information Systems website.