Brad Minnick, PhD
Director of English Education
Rank: Associate Professor
Office: 501-N Stabler Hall
Office Phone: 569.3517
MEd, 1993 University of Pittsburgh
PhD, 2002 University of Pittsburgh
STEPPS Committee, TEAMs Committee, Assessment Committee, Personal Committee, Taskforce for Teaching
Areas of Focus
Problem-Based Learning, Process and Playbuilding Dramawork, Technology as a Mediated Tool to Improve the Teaching of English, and Pedagogy of Fiction and Poetry Writing
- Minnick, J.B. and Smith, B. (2009). Program Report for the Preparation of English Language Arts Teachers National Council of Teachers of English (NCTE).
- Minnick, J.B. and Mergil, F. (2008). “The Doubling Moment: Resurrecting Edgar Allan Poe.” Voices from the Middle. 16(2).
- Minnick, J.B., & Augnst, J. (2007). “INSISTENT/RESISTANT: RE/VISITING THE I/SEARCH.” Blurring Boundaries Between Composition Studies and English Education: A Tribute To William L. Smith. Hampton Press, Inc., Cresskill, NJ.
- Koziol, S.M, Jr., Minnick, J.B. & Riddell, K. (1999). Cases and clinical field experiences in secondary English education. In Mary Sudzina (Ed.), Case Study Applications for Teacher Education, Allyn & Bacon, Boston, MA
- Minnick, J.B. (November 5, 2008). “The Doubling Moment: Resurrecting Edgar Allan Poe’s ‘Annabel Lee.’” Demonstration of the Academy for Teaching and Learning Excellence (ATLE) at the University of Arkansas at Little Rock. Little Rock, AR
- Boudreaux, M., McWashington-Newsome, B., Stanley, P., Summers, D., and Sullivan, P. “Reading Strategies For the Successful Teacher.” Chair, C.E.E. Panel Session. (November 21, 2006). Nashville, TN
- Minnick, J. B. (November 3, 2006). “Visualizing, Dramatizing, and Physicalizing the Poetry and Short Stories of Edgar Allan Poe.” Panel Session. Arkansas Conference for Teachers (ACT). Little Rock. AR.
- Minnick,.J.B. (2005). “I-Search as a Mentoring Framework for Student Teachers.” Panel Session. National Conference of Teachers of English (NCTE), Fall Conference. Pittsburgh, PA.
- Minnick, J.B. & Barrientos, P. (2005). “If Your Are Really Serious About Teaching Writing: Come To This Seminar.” The Sun Conference for Teaching and Learning. El Paso, TX.