Minor in English
- A minor in English requires 18 hours of ENGL literature and culture courses. The specific requirements depend upon catalog year. Please consult with an advisor to verify your requirements or contact us at 501-569-3161. Dr. Ecke or Dr. Hunter would be happy to assist you.
- Up to 6 hours of lower-level courses and up to 6 hours of English Internship (ENGL 4390) courses may count in the English minor.
Minor in Creative Writing
A minor in creative writing requires 18 hours: ENGL 2336 (Introduction to Creative Writing) and 15 upper-level hours from the creative writing list of courses. Note that ENGL 2336 is a pre-requisite for any upper-level course on the list.
Creative Writing upper-level options: ENGL 3318, ENGL 3319, ENGL 3320, ENGL 4301, ENGL 4316, ENGL 4369, ENGL 4379. ENGL 4390: Internship may be counted in the minor if the internship title is Publishing (Equinox, Braddock Avenue Books, etc). Only 6 hours total of 4390 credit can be counted toward the Creative Writing minor.
Minor in Linguistics (catalog term Fall 2016 and after)
- A minor in linguistics requires 15 hours total.
As an introductory course, students must take either ENGL 3311, ENGL 3312, or ENGL 3313.
In addition to the required introductory course, students must take an additional 6 core hours from the following courses (without repeating the introductory course): ENGL 3311, ENGL 3312, ENGL 3313, ENGL 3314, ENGL 4315, ENGL 4317; or ENGL 4370 and ENGL 4100/4200 when the topic is in linguistics.
Elective courses may include up to six additional hours of ENGL coursework, and up to 6 hours of coursework from the following list: ANTH 4316, LANG 4322, LANG 4323, LANG 4324, LANG 4325, ACOM 2310, ACOM 3300 ACOM 3315, ACOM 4312, ACOM 4357, AUSP 2360, AUSP 3350, AUSP 3363, AUSP 3364, and 3 hours of an approved foreign language.
Minor in Linguistics (catalog term 2014-2015 and 2015-2016)
A minor in linguistics requires 21 hours selected from the following:
- English 3313 (“Introduction to Linguistics”) (required)
- English electives: at least 9 hours of upper-level linguistics courses chosen from English 3311, 3312, 3314, 4315, 4317, and 4370 or 4100/4200 when linguistic topics.
- Foreign language electives: Knowledge of a foreign language is strongly recommended for the linguistics minor, and up to 6 foreign language credits may be applied to the linguistics minor
- Other electives: up to 9 hours of relevant electives chosen from ANTH 4316, AUSP 3360, AUSP 4366, PHIL 3320, PSYC 2310, PSYC 2340, LANG 4322, LANG 4323, LANG 4324, LANG 4325, and SOCI 3381.