Located in the heart of historic downtown Little Rock, the University of Arkansas at Little Rock William H. Bowen School of Law is at the center for arts, learning, and law in Arkansas.
As Arkansas’s capital city, Little Rock offers a wide range of opportunities for law students and lawyers. The U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Arkansas, the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of Arkansas, the Arkansas Supreme Court, the Arkansas Court of Appeals, the Secretary of State’s office, and nearly all state agencies are located within minutes of the law school.
All these factors explain why the main offices of the largest law firms in Arkansas are in located here. In addition, Little Rock is also home to national and international public service organizations, including the Clinton School of Public Service, the World Services for the Blind, and Heifer International.
Finally, Little Rock boasts a legal services program that has gained national attention. For Bowen students, our location offers several benefits:
- a wide range of choices for students who wish to clerk in courts, government agencies, and firms year round, not only in the summer months. (In fact, Bowen students work in such settings at double the national average for U.S. law schools.)
- a wide variety of government and non-profit experiences through our externship program
- a program designed to ensure that each entering Bowen student has a professional mentor who practices in an field of interest to the student
- a broad alumni base in the area
- a large number of opportunities for meaningful public service
- a seamless ability to work full time while studying law part-time in the evenings
Little Rock is a gem. It is an easy city to navigate, and its highway system makes for stressless commutes. Regardless of how you like to spend your time, you can find outlets here — from outdoor exercise to international lectures, and from art museums to baseball games. It’s no surprise that these factors are reflected in Little Rock’s national rankings:
- One of the most affordable by US News and World Report (2016)
- Best mid-size city by Kiplinger (2013)
- One of the best cities for a healthy lifestyle by Outside Magazine (2013)
- One of the best cities for business and careers by Forbes Magazine (2013)
Little Rock is a city of personal discovery. Its openness and opportunities will broaden your mind and challenge your expectations at every turn, making possibilities not only endless, but attainable. As a Best Value Law School located in one of America’s most affordable cities, UALR William H. Bowen School of Law seamlessly blends law and life together to produce leaders who are committed to our core values of access to justice, public service, and professionalism.