Faculty conducting research at UA Little Rock often integrate a position for a post-doctoral fellow or research associate in their proposals for extramural funding. These positions must comply with federal and state rules and regulations, including hiring procedures and prevailing wage requirements. Export Control will assist PIs and departments in determining the proper hiring procedures.
UA Little Rock has implemented a system for PIs to search for an individual that will meet the needs of the project, while also meeting all requirements placed on UA Little Rock. A flow chart and the required procedures are described in the links below. As a minimum, the hiring process must include the following steps:
- All positions for hire must undergo a search, unless the position is temporary in nature.
- The position must be advertised for and filled through UA Little Rock’s computerized HR system.
- Prior to hiring, several certifications or reviews must be met, including Affirmative Action and others.
For temporary post-doctoral or research associate positions, a search waiver form may be used, normally only for cases involving one year at UA Little Rock or less. However, Research Compliance and the Human Resources department will determine if this form is appropriate; please contact Export Control to discuss this possibility.
- Applicant tracking workflow 1 – job posting
- Applicant tracking workflow 2 – applicant review and evaluation
- Applicant tracking workflow 3 – hiring proposal