What is the Academic & Immigration Review Application?
This is the second step in the process of formally inviting an exchange-visiting scholar to the UA Little Rock campus to engage in joint research. Other forms that must be completed are the English Language Proficiency Assessment Form (if an interview is needed to determine English proficiency) and the Statement of Compliance with Exchange Visitor Health Insurance Requirements Form. This form should be completed by the visiting scholar.
When should this application be completed?
This application should be completed after receiving the notification of the receipt of the Interest Form.
Who should complete it?
The hosting UA Little Rock faculty member or a UA Little Rock representative for the hosting faculty member. The prospective visiting scholar may not complete this application.
What does the application require?
Before beginning the application, the UA Little Rock faculty member or point of contact must work closely with the prospective visiting scholar to gather the following required information and document.
- Host faculty Export Control and Responsible Conduct of Research CITI certificate of completion
- Proof of English proficiency–either TOEFL/IELTS scores, two completed English Language Proficiency Assessment forms, or proof of at least two years of attendance at a U.S. academic institution
- Financial support documentation (must be in English)
- Completed Statement of Compliance with Exchange Visitor Health Insurance Requirements form (to be completed by the visiting scholar)
- Visiting scholar and any dependents’ passport ID pages