The Management Graduate Certificate will be discontinued as of Fall 2020. No new students will be admitted after Summer 2020. Students currently enrolled in the program and those admitted for Summer 2020 will be allowed to complete the certificate. See other College of Business graduate certificate offerings for alternative options.
The Management Graduate Certificate program provides opportunities for specialized study in a focused subject area to enhance career entry and growth. The program can be completed in a much shorter time than a graduate business degree, allowing for program customization to fit particular career needs.
- Convenient evening classes on the UALR campus and online course offerings
- Course offerings each semester including summer
- Program entrance any semester of the year
- Direct course rollover into the MBA or MS in MIS graduate degree programs
- Networking opportunities with other career professionals in the program
- Instruction by highly qualified doctoral-level faculty with extensive experience in the field
The Management Graduate Certificate Program provides an integrated and accelerated exposure to the discipline of Management in a relatively short duration. The program offers post-baccalaureate students and working professionals with a foundation to facilitate field entry and career progression in management. This certificate program exposes students to management principles related to human behavior in organizations, motivation, leadership, and managing employees and resources.
The Graduate Certificate in Management consists of 12 hours of course work:
Required courses (6 hours)
- MGMT 7310 Management of Human Capitol
- MGMT 7341 Strategic Human Resource Management
Choice of two courses (6 hours)
- BINS 7308 Advanced Business Communication
- MGMT 7311 Entrepreneurship & Small Enterprise Management
- MGMT 7312 Team Development
- MGMT 7313 Commercializing Innovations
- MGMT 7335 International Management
- MGMT 7345 Employment Law for Managers
- MGMT 7398 Seminar in Special Topics
- MGMT 7340 Collective Bargaining
- One 5000-level course
Have completed a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution of higher education with a GPA of at least 2.8 (4.0 scale), a 3.0 in the last 60 hours, or a 3.2 in the last 30 hours. The GMAT exam is not required.
- Graduate Certificate courses can be directly applied to the MBA degree.
- Graduate Certificates do not qualify for Financial Aid.
- Certificate program code: MGMT-GC
- For information about the graduate certificate program, contact Dr. Sonya Premeaux,associate dean of graduate studies, 501-569-3356.