All majors are invited.
The UA Little Rock HR Society works to advance student understanding of human resource issues and provides networking opportunities with local human resource managers. The Society is affiliated with the Central Arkansas Human Resource Association (CAHRA) as well as with the international Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM).
Because we are affiliated with SHRM, The HR Society is governed by SHRM rules, while being administered by students. Providing programs and activities for all UA Little Rock majors, members have access to local human resource leaders, scholarships, and information useful within their fields of study through the SHRM website. Our affiliation with CAHRA also provides networking with local human resource managers.
Click here to join!
- CAHRA Kathleen McComber Scholarship
- Deadline: November
- ARSHRM J.C. Cote Scholarship
- Deadline: March
- SHRM Foundation Scholarships
- Deadline: Varies
- Prof. John Hendon – firstname.lastname@example.org
Other Professional chapters around the state
- Internship opportunities through CAHRA
- Public speakers
- Carnival of Clubs
- Mentorship opportunities with local professionals
- Annual Arkansas SHRM Human Resources Conference and Expo
- Service projects: Each year, the HR Society chooses a service project. Some of our past efforts include: Blanket Drive for displaced persons, Heifer International Feast in the Field, and managing a personal care donations drive for Dorcas House
- Networking opportunities!
Awards and Recognition
For more information about the UA Little Rock Human Resource Management Society, please contact their faculty adviser, Prof. John Hendon at email@example.com