The UA Little Rock HR Society is actively dedicated to advancing student understanding of human resource issues and networking with local human resource managers. The Society is affiliated with the Central Arkansas Human Resource Association (CAHRA) as well as with the international Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM).
The Society is governed by SHRM rules and administered by students. Providing programs and activities for all UA Little Rock majors, members have access to local human resource leaders, scholarships, and information useful within their fields of study through the SHRM website. Affiliation with CAHRA provides networking with local human resource managers.
- CAHRA Kathleen McComber Scholarship
- Deadline: November
- ARSHRM J.C. Cote Scholarship
- Deadline: March
- SHRM Foundation Scholarships
- Deadline: Varies
- Prof. John Hendon – email@example.com
- Internship opportunities through CAHRA
- Public speakers
- Carnival of Clubs
- Mentorship program with local professionals
- Annual Arkansas SHRM Human Resources Conference and Expo
- Service projects: Blanket Drive for displaced persons, Heifer International Feast in the Field, visiting the elderly at a local nursing facility, assistance with Career Connections activities
- Networking opportunities!
Awards and Recognition
For more information about the UA Little Rock Human Resource Management Society, please contact their faculty adviser, Prof. John Hendon at firstname.lastname@example.org or Dr. Karen Leonard at email@example.com.