The Graduate Certificate (GC) in Human Resources and Organizational Communication is an 18 credit hour program designed to equip students with specialized knowledge of human behavior in the workplace and in the application of effective interpersonal communication practices to human resource functions. Students will learn how social psychological concepts influence employee behavior and will gain a greater understanding of how human resource management and applied communication contributes to the strategic success of an organization.
Required (9 hours):
- MGMT 7341 Strategic Human Resource Management
- MGMT 7345 Employment Law for Managers
- MGMT 7310 Management of Human Capital
Elective (9 hours):
- ACOM 5312 Intercultural Communication
- ACOM 5357 Communication & Managing Differences
- ACOM 7323 Conflict Analysis & Intervention
- ACOM 7324 Negotiation
- ACOM 7350 Effective Crisis Communication
- ACOM 7352 Organizational Communication Training
- BINS 7308 Advanced Business Communication
- MGMT 7312 Team Development
- MGMT 7340 Collective Bargaining
- Up to 9 credits can be directly applied to the MBA degree.
- Application to the Graduate School
- Checksheet – Human Resources/Organizational Communication Certificate
- Certificate program code: HROP-GC
- For information about the program, call 501.569.3356 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.