The Intramural Sports office is looking for highly motivated, positive, and fun individuals who possess the desire to make the Intramural Sports program a quality one. These positions allows you to serve as an invaluable link between the program participants and the professional staff. Join the Intramural Team as an Official or a Supervisor today.
Official: Opportunities that are available include officiating for basketball, flag football, softball, volleyball and other activities. No prior experience necessary, we will train you, but dependability and knowledge of sports preferred. All staff official positions will either officiate or keep the book. Those interested in the action-packed job should contact the Intramural Sports Office in the DSC 109 D1c or call 501-683-4911.
Supervisor: The purpose of this position is to supervise intramural team sports. Supervisors are also responsible for overseeing and managing intramural game operations and participants and assisting professional staff as needed. All staff officials will report to the supervisor on duty. Training and certification is available for potential employees.
- Responsible for supervision of intramural games & events
- Knowledge of all intramural procedures (including the IM handbook, eligibility and rules of the sport)
- Monitor safety hazards- such as weather conditions and equipment
- Settle disputes concerning rules, conduct, procedures and file protests as needed
- Perform first aid as needed and fill out proper injury report forms
- Assist officials and teams in finding proper field or court and checking in
- Setting up & taking down equipment for the dayâ€™s activities
- Assist in training officials in all sports
- Maintain control during games
Job Skills/Knowledge Required:
- Officiating experience through the Intramural Sports program
- Thorough knowledge of Intramural Sports policies and procedures
- Good leadership skills, supervision skills, communication skills and conflict resolution skills