The purpose of the UA Little Rock’s Campus Recreation is to provide opportunities for a diversified population to recreate, exercise, and socialize through a variety of programs. Campus Recreation helps stimulate student learning and development as well as enhance the quality of life for the students, faculty, and staff.
Campus Recreation offers the following programs:
- Fitness & Wellness Classes – Offers approximately twenty-five (25) group fitness classes (fall and spring), personal programming, personal training, incentive programs, personal assessments, and CPR/First Aid classes during the academic year.
- Intramural Sports – Offers approximately fifteen (15) individual and/or team sports during the academic year.
- Outdoor Adventures – Offers students the opportunity to experience the outdoors through the rental of camping equipment.
- Special Events – Offers opportunities for leisure, education, socialization, fitness, and fun through a variety of alternative events. The program’s purpose is to provide off-campus connections with other universities’ participants through competitive and recreational events.
Current Campus Activities
Fall 2021 Step Challenge “A Trail A Day”
The “A Trail A Day” program is a 6-week step program that is designed to help you get your daily steps in and challenges you each week by adding more steps. Each week has a set trail from Little Rock and the surrounding area that is the approximate distance you’ll be asked to walk each day. Each trail has information provided such as location, terrain, and attractions.
The program starts Nov. 1, and runs through Dec. 12, for a total of 6 weeks. To participate, you must be a UA Little Rock student, faculty, or staff member.
- The entire program is 6 weeks long
- Each week will have a specific goal
- Participants will receive a link for reporting their steps
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
This is a picture of the goals for each week: