Degrees and Certificates Offered
Master of Social Work
Program Coordinator Contact Information
Dr. Greg Smith
All application materials should be submitted by the date below, depending on the semester being applied for:
- Advanced standing:Â March 1.
- Regular full-time: May 1.
- Regular part-time: June 1.
Spring: November 1. Only part-time applicants mayÂ apply.
Please see website for admissions packet.
- Baccalaureate degree with a liberal arts perspective from an accredited college or university
- Overall GPA of 3.0
- Satisfactory scores on either the Graduate Record Exam (GRE) or Millerâ€™s Analogy Test (MAT) taken within the last five years. Test scores must be received before an admission decision can be made.
- Narrative statement of professional orientation (format included in the application packet)
- Acceptable references indicating a propensity for both academics and social work practice
- Three form letters of reference from professional, academic, or volunteer associates (forms included in the application packet)
- Volunteer, employment, and other life experiences relevant to the career choice of social work
- Official transcripts with degree posted prior to the studentâ€™s enrolling in a graduate level course
Advanced Standing Applicants Only:
- AÂ bachelorâ€™s degree in social work (B.S.W.) from a CSWE-accredited undergraduate program with a cumulative GPA of 3.0
- AÂ 3.5 GPA in last 60 hours of undergraduate studies
- Degree must have been awarded within the last seven years.
- AÂ copy of all field/internship evaluations
- AÂ recommendation written by a faculty member of the applicantâ€™s undergraduate social work program
See website for more information