Remote proctoring is designed to provide educators and students, in the UA Little Rock distance learning environments, an efficient, and convenient solution that delivers, on-demand, proctored exams. This enables students to test online, anytime, anywhere, and with integrity. Students may take their exams from the convenience of their own homes rather than traveling to campus or another location. Honorlock is the only remote proctoring option; RPNow is not available. Honorlock provides more faculty control over testing and is seamlessly integrated with Blackboard.
This remote proctoring system does not require students to download any software and instead integrates seamlessly with Blackboard by means of a Chrome extension that can be easily removed and added back later. Additionally, Honorlock is completely controlled by the Instructor with real-time video updates as soon as students finish testing.
Taking your exam with Honorlock is a breeze! Before you begin, you will need to use the Google Chrome browser to take your exam. To better understand how your exam will be proctored, watch the video or read the instructions below. If the video doesn’t work, please click here
- In Google Chrome, navigate to Blackboard and then to your course.
- Next, navigate to your assessment.
- Under the instructions, click on Get Started to add the Honorlock extension. This will bring up a new tab.
- In the new tab, click Add Extension.
- If a new tab doesn’t open, or the page has trouble loading, navigate directly to honorlock.com/install to download the extension
- Once you have added the extension, click Begin in Blackboard, then Launch Proctoring to start the exam.
- Photo Authentication: Center your face in the frame and click Take Photo. Confirm that you can see yourself clearly and click Accept. Click Redo if the photo is blurry or otherwise unacceptable for identification purposes. Honorlock also uses the same process to take a picture of your Photo ID.
- Room Scan: Follow Honorlock’s instructions for the Room Scan. To avoid being flagged, be careful not to submit the video until the entire room has been scanned.
- Take your test normally. Honorlock will continue to record and will save and stop recording when you submit your exam.
For additional information, read through the Blackboard Student Guide. If you encounter any trouble during your exam, Honorlock technical support is available 24/7 for students.
If you need to contact Honorlock support, call 855-828-4004.
You will begin setup by checking the box for Honorlock on your exam submission. This lets Testing Services know how to handle your exam submission. However, there are a few more steps you will need to take in order to enable Honorlock for your Online Course exam.
Simply follow the instructions in the Honorlock Faculty Guide.
For questions regarding Honorlock set up, email Americo Stellato at firstname.lastname@example.org.