International Studies Club
The International Studies Club is open to all UALR students interested in international affairs, regardless of major, GPA, or year in school. The club’s purpose is not partisan; it seeks to promote student-driven analysis of and engagement in the broader social, political, and economic world.
Benefits of membership include:
- Organizing and participating in international-related events, including speakers, debates, panels, film screenings, charitable activities, community events, and social outings;
- Gaining leadership experience by serving as an officer for the club. Positions include president, vice-president, secretary, treasurer, and program chair; and
- The opportunity to meet local activists, business people, civil society members, and political leaders as well as other students who share your interest in international affairs.
Students may join at any time. However, to be eligible for a leadership position, please join by October 1.
Join the International Studies Facebook group.
International Studies Facebook group
Eligible students also are invited to join the national chapter of the International Studies Honor Society, called Sigma Iota Rho. All students are eligible for the society who have attained junior standing and completed at least twenty-one (21) hours of course work toward the International Studies major or minor, or Middle East Studies minor, including at least two courses at the 3000 or 4000 levels and have a cumulative grade point average of 3.2 or higher in all courses, and a grade point average of at least 3.3 in international-related courses.
Sigma Iota Rho membership benefits include:
- Induction Package: Certificate Attesting Membership, copy of the latest issue of the nationally distributed Journal of International Relations, and Graduation Regalia (Honor Cord)
- Opportunity to get your work published in the Journal of International Relations
- Eligibility to apply for SIR Funding opportunities
- Access to professional networks through our Internship Database
- Networking ability through our Sigma Iota Rho LinkedIn page.
Lifetime membership in the local and national organization is $50. Applications are accepted at any time, but must be submitted by October 1 and March 1 in order to be inducted in the current semester. More details on the organization can be found here.
Sigma Iota Rho Application Form
Dr. Eric Wiebelhaus-Brahm email@example.com is the advisor for the International Studies Club and Honor Society.