The Arkansas Certified Public Manager® (CPM) program strengthens Arkansas by developing skilled leaders in public service, fostering collaboration, and encouraging innovation through action.
Through the CPM program, participants will:
- Develop leadership skills that empower people and create positive change
- Learn how to evaluate, plan, and implement innovative ideas and approaches to public challenges
- Refine abilities to manage staff and deliver superior customer service
- Improve capabilities to evaluate the legal and policy compliance of public agencies and organizations
- Receive training from highly qualified public sector practitioners and university faculty members
- Broaden professional networks
Employers who support the CPM Program for their employees will:
- Develop the management and leadership skills of their employees
- See participants and graduates implement program and organizational efficiencies
- Have more qualified candidates to fill management and leadership positions
- Reward top performers by offering them a significant professional development opportunity that is nationally recognized
About the Arkansas Certified Public Manager® Program
The Arkansas CPM program refines the management skills of emerging leaders for the public sector. This includes government employees (federal, state, county, and city), elected officials, and non-profit professionals. It is ideally suited for individuals who have some experience managing staff and/or programs or who would like to do so in the near future.
This two-year program, accredited by the National CPM Consortium, has a long history of providing excellent management training to public servants in Arkansas. The program requires 300 hours of management development including skill-building workshops, activities that apply learning to current public challenges, and person-specific professional development. The curriculum is based on seven competencies outlined by the National CPM Consortium. These competencies enable public managers to effectively lead people, manage work processes, and develop self-mastery. Participants are introduced to additional knowledge and skills to expand their vision, meet unexpected challenges, increase performance, set and achieve goals, and navigate the changing dynamics in the public sector.
The Arkansas CPM program received national accreditation through the National CPM Consortium in 1991 and continues that relationship today. The program was most recently reaccredited in June 2016. The CPM designation is recognized in 32 states, the District of Columbia, the U.S. Virgin Islands, and the Netherlands.
Join Our Mailing List
You can join our mailing list by completing this Google form. You will receive program updates and registration information as soon as they become available.
For More Information
For regular updates about our programs, follow us on social media: