The School of Public Affairs brings together academic, applied research, and training units that share a focus on government, politics, nonprofit organizations, and public service.
Whether you are looking for an undergraduate program that sets you on a path to make a difference in the world, a graduate program that can open up opportunities for you in government agencies or the nonprofit world, a graduate certificate or training program to improve your skills and bolster your resume, or assistance with applied research on public policy issues, the School of Public Affairs offers many opportunities to help individuals, agencies, and organizations to improve.
Our location in the capital city and the excellence of our faculty and staff make this the perfect place for theory to meet practice, giving our students and community partners opportunities that are simply not available anywhere else.
The vision of the School of Public Affairs is to:
- Be Arkansas’s educational and research center for public affairs and civic engagement.
The mission of the School of Public Affairs is to:
- Educate and inform the leaders of Arkansas and beyond through excellent teaching, training, research, and public engagement.
The values of the School of Public Affairs at UA Little Rock are:
- Global perspective & scholarly pluralism
- High standards of ethics and integrity
- Transparency & public engagement
- Treating others with respect, equity, and fairness
- Innovation & problem-solving