The Arkansas Public Administration Consortium (APAC) offers specialized, affordable professional training and training-related services. APAC trainings focus on management and leadership development for those that serve the public including state, county, and local government employees, elected officials, and non-profit professionals. They are an affordable alternative to the out-of-state seminar providers. All programs are conducted by trainers who understand the demands of those who serve the public. APAC is a cooperative program of the University of Arkansas Little Rock, University of Arkansas, and Arkansas State University.
Registration is currently open for the following APAC training programs
- Meeting Facilitation Workshop held on November 7-8, Application Deadline: October 17, 2018
- Cultural Humility Workshop held on November 14-15, Application Deadline: October 24, 2018
- Organizational Values and Ethics Workshop held December 5-6, Application Deadline: November 14, 2018
- Social & Emotional Intelligence Workshop held on January 16-17, Application Deadline: December 26, 2018
- Project Management Workshop held on February 6-7, Application Deadline: January 16, 2019
- Crisis Communication Workshop held on March 13-14, Application Deadline: February 20, 2019
- Writing or Business in the Public Sector held on April 10-11, Application Deadline: March 20, 2019
- Program Planning and Evaluation held on May 1-2, Application Deadline: April 10, 2019
We currently offer four certification programs and Professional Development Workshops.
- The Certified Public Manager® (CPM) Program – is a nationally accredited certification program that focuses on leadership skills, program management, and professional development.
- The Certified Volunteer ManagementSM (CVM) Program – teaches the leadership and management skills required to effectively manage volunteers.
- The Certified Arkansas Planning Official (CARPO) Program – is for those involved with city planning including local planning commissioners, Board of Adjustment members, Mayors, and others. Planning officials will gain the foundational knowledge necessary to serve their communities.
- The Certified Group Facilitator Program – equips participants with the knowledge, skills, and confidence to effectively design, manage, and lead a group to solve problems and meet desired goals.
- Professional Development Workshops – for public sector professionals who are interested in developing a specific skill. Topics include Writing for Business in the Public Sector, Project Management, Managing Conflict, and more.
APAC is also dedicated to meeting the needs of government and non-profit agencies through training services designed specifically for Arkansas. Professional trainings may be developed to your organization’s needs and requirements.
For more information, please contact email@example.com or (501) 569-3436.