APAC offers management training for public sector professionals. In order to accomplish this, APAC has a team of talented instructors who are content experts. They train using best practices in adult learning and develop curriculum that relates to public service management needs.
The following programs are open for registration:
2021-2022 Certified Volunteer Manager Program
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Wednesday, September 29, 2021
The Certified Volunteer Manager (CVM) Program teaches the leadership and management skills required of volunteer professionals including:
- Recruiting, placing, supporting, supervising, engaging, and recognizing volunteers.
- Creating policies and procedures that reduce volunteer program risks and liabilities.
- Assessing volunteer programs’ outcomes and achievements.
- Aligning a volunteer program with an organization’s mission and goals.
The CVM program provides expert instruction and significant opportunities for application. It is for anyone managing volunteers or volunteer programs (or who wants to learn how). Participants include individuals working for nonprofits, government agencies, cities, educational institutions, and other community based organizations. Volunteer professionals from around the world are invited to participate.
The current program is completed over 6-months. It immerses participants into the subject matter by requiring attendance at a training retreat. Professional relationships with other volunteer managers are built during this time. Required assignment work before and after the retreat focuses on applying what is being learned.
The CVM Program offered by APAC was the first certificate program in volunteer management in the country. Since the first graduating class in 1987, more than 500 participants have become Certified Volunteer Managers.
Lead Using Your Emotional Intelligence (September 8, 2021)
Emotions have the capacity to bring people together, but they also possess the ability to draw us apart. This workshop discusses the role of emotions in the workplace and how we can become better leaders through understanding them. The goal is to help participants better understand, develop, and leverage emotional intelligence in the workplace. Facilitator-led discussions and activities will help participants improve their emotional intelligence and put this new knowledge to work in everyday personal and professional relationships.
September 8, 2021
8:30 am – 4:30 pm
Monday, August 23, 2021
$125 ($50 for CPM Program Graduates)
APAC Program Descriptions
To meet your needs, APAC offers a variety of certificate and training programs.
- Arkansas Certified Public Manager® (CPM) Program – a nationally accredited, comprehensive management development program. It is specifically designed to develop leaders in government agencies and organizations with a public purpose.
- Certified Volunteer Manager (CVM) Program – teaches managers of volunteers and volunteer programs how to effectively lead their volunteer staff.
- Certified Arkansas Planning Official (CARPO) Program – helps Planning Commissions serve their communities.
- Certified Group Facilitator Program – equips participants to effectively design, manage, and lead groups to solve problems and meet desired goals.
- Planning Official Training Programs – focus on knowledgeable planning, ethical leadership, effective relationships with city officials, and skilled meeting management.
- Professional Development Workshops – develop specific skills. Topics include Writing for Business in the Public Sector, Project Management, Managing Conflict, and more.
APAC can also work with you to develop training and certificate programs to meet an agency’s or organization’s needs.
Join our Mailing List
You can join our mailing list by completing this Google form. You will receive program updates and registration information as soon as they become available.
APAC is dedicated to dedicated to improving the quality of public services in Arkansas. Please reach out if you have any questions.
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: (501) 916-6050
For regular updates about our programs, follow us on social media: