If you work for a public agency or nonprofit organization, APAC trainings are for you. They are specifically designed to build the management skills of federal, state, county, and local government employees, elected officials, and non-profit professionals.
Trainings Open for Registration
The following trainings are currently open for registration:
- Public Budget & Finance Workshop held on March 6-7 in Little Rock. Application Deadline: February 20, 2019
- Crisis Communication Workshop held on March 13-14 in Little Rock. Application Deadline: February 27, 2019
- Writing for Business in the Public Sector held on April 10-11 in Little Rock. Application Deadline: March 20, 2019
- Program Planning and Evaluation held on May 1-2 in Little Rock. Application Deadline: April 10, 2019
APAC Program Descriptions
To meet your needs, APAC offers a variety of certifications and training programs.
- Arkansas Certified Public Manager® (CPM) Program – a nationally accredited, comprehensive management development program. It is specifically designed to develop leaders in government agencies and organizations with a public purpose.
- Certified Volunteer Manager (CVM) Program -teaches managers of volunteer programs how to effectively lead their volunteer staff.
- Certified Arkansas Planning Official (CARPO) Program – helps Planning Commissions serve their communities.
- Certified Group Facilitator Program – equips participants to effectively design, manage, and lead groups to meet desired goals.
- Planning Official Trainings – focus on knowledgeable planning, ethical leadership, effective relationships with city officials, and skilled meeting management.
- Professional Development Workshops – develop specific skills. Topics include Writing for Business in the Public Sector, Project Management, Managing Conflict, and more.
APAC can also work with you to develop continuing education programs to meet your agency’s or organization’s needs.
The Arkansas Public Administration Consortium (APAC) is dedicated to improving the quality of public services in Arkansas. This work is accomplished primarily through management training for public and nonprofit organizations. APAC trainings are in-depth and develop the practical skills required of public managers. Instructors are vetted carefully to make sure they have significant knowledge of their subject area through work or teaching experience. Trainings include significant levels of interaction to apply content to participants’ professional lives. Certifications require capstone experiences where participants apply the skills they have developed to their own professional lives. In addition, APAC trainings are offered at a much lower cost than for-profit trainings or those that require significant travel costs.
As a Consortium of MPA programs, APAC also serves as a link between the Arkansas MPA programs and the work of public organizations. APAC helps:
- state associations award scholarships to MPA students such as the Henry M. Alexander Scholarship give by the Arkansas City Management Association;
- place MPA students into internships at government agencies and nonprofit organizations;
- and connect MPA faculty to public service research opportunities.
APAC is a cooperative program of the University of Arkansas Little Rock (UA Little Rock), the University of Arkansas (UA), and Arkansas State University (ASU). For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (501) 569-3436.