Our programs are specifically designed to build the management skills of current and future public sector professionals including government employees (federal, state, county, and local), elected officials, and non-profit professionals.
Registration Now Open for Spring 2021 Professional Development Workshops
Storytelling: May 5, 2021
Steve Jobs once said “The most powerful person in the world is the storyteller.” Through this day-long workshop, participants will learn tools to harness that power. You will learn the components that make up an effective and impactful story. Then, provided with prompts, you will craft your own personal narrative. The day will culminate in story sharing, accolades, and feedback.
Instructor: Hilary Trudell, founder of The Yarn storytelling initiative, is a facilitator, producer and educator with extensive experience in the fields of public service and the arts.
7 hours; $125
Presentation Skills: May 19-20, 2021
This workshop will help you take the panic out of public speaking. You will have the opportunity to practice strategies related to anxiety management, intentional organization of information, and building meaningful, engaging connections with listeners.
Instructor: Dr. Kristen McIntyre is a Professor of Applied Communication at UA Little Rock.
14 hours; $225
Crisis Communication: June 3-4, 2021
Effective leaders transcend the challenges that exist during an emergency and create new opportunities for innovation by being quick, accurate, and consistent with efforts that address and solve the crisis. In times of great difficulty, effective communication is paramount. This workshop will offer strategies for leaders and teams to adequately plan for emergencies and prepare their organizations for routine and novel crises. This includes learning how to create a crisis communication plan and identifying techniques for improving crisis response.
Instructor: Dr. Malcolm Glover, founder of Glover Global, is a crisis manager, communication analyst, and educator.
14 hours; $225
[This workshop was originally scheduled for March 3-4 and was moved to June 3-4]
APAC Program Descriptions
To meet your needs, APAC offers a variety of certifications and training programs.
- Arkansas Certified Public Manager® (CPM) Program – a nationally accredited, comprehensive management development program. It is specifically designed to develop leaders in government agencies and organizations with a public purpose.
- Certified Volunteer Manager (CVM) Program – teaches managers of volunteers and volunteer programs how to effectively lead their volunteer staff.
- Certified Arkansas Planning Official (CARPO) Program – helps Planning Commissions serve their communities.
- Certified Group Facilitator Program – equips participants to effectively design, manage, and lead groups to solve problems and meet desired goals.
- Planning Official Training Programs – focus on knowledgeable planning, ethical leadership, effective relationships with city officials, and skilled meeting management.
- Professional Development Workshops – develop specific skills. Topics include Writing for Business in the Public Sector, Project Management, Managing Conflict, and more.
APAC can also work with you to develop training and certification programs to meet an agency’s or organization’s needs.
Join our Mailing List
You can join our mailing list by completing this Google form. You will receive program updates and registration information as soon as they become available.
APAC is dedicated to supporting your management training needs while considering your ever-changing priorities. Please reach out if you have any questions.
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: (501) 916-6050
For regular updates about our programs, follow us on social media: