The 2018 Certified Volunteer Manager Program Application Deadline is Friday, August 17, 2018. Apply On-Line Today!
In 1986, the Arkansas Public Administration Consortium developed a nationally recognized Certified Volunteer Manager Program (CVM).CVM was the first of its kind in the country. The program is designed for administrators, directors, managers, and coordinators of volunteers and volunteer programs.
The instructors teach administrators and managers of volunteer programs how to effectively manage their volunteer staff. They provide leadership and management training designed specifically for the needs of the volunteer professional.
CVM certification is recognized and supported by the DHS Office of Community Engagement, the Arkansas Volunteer Coordinators Association (AVCA), and many nonprofits across the state.
Primary Learning Objectives
- Learn recruitment and retention strategies
- Discuss trends that impact volunteer programs
- Understand the principles of volunteer screening, placement, training, and supervision
- Develop a strategy for continual program improvement
- Strategize about ways to build internal support for the volunteer program
- Determine how to develop strong staff and volunteer partnerships
- Ensure that your risk management plan is aligned with best practices
2018 CVM Program Requirements
Approximately 60 hours of work is required to become certified which includes:
- A four-day, three-night intensive training workshop at DeGray Lake Resort: October 30 – November 2
- Several pre-training assignments
- A capstone project proposal where you apply what you have learned
2018 CVM Program Fee
$1,300 includes food and lodging for the four-day intensive training workshop. The fee also includes all training materials, instruction, mentoring, and support. $100 off the program fee is available if application and full payment ($1,200) is received by July 13, 2018.
For more information, contact Marie Lindquist at 501.569.3044.