APAC’s Certified Group Facilitator (CGF) program develops skilled facilitators who work in the public sector. These facilitators help groups, teams, and communities plan, make decisions, resolve conflict, solve problems, and meet goals. When groups have a skilled facilitator, their decisions are more inclusive, better informed, and more effective.
The CGF program provides extensive training and significant opportunities to practice. Participants in the program will:
- Learn facilitation approaches to decision making, planning, and problem solving.
- Practice designing, implementing, and evaluating facilitations.
- Experience and practice both online and in-person facilitation skills.
- Start a personal portfolio of facilitation resources and techniques.
Spring 2023 Program Open for Registration
The Spring 2023 Program requires approximately 60 hours of time between February and July 2023 and includes ALL of the following:
- Live Online Training: Six trainings will be held live online via Zoom. They will be on Tuesday mornings from 8:30 am* to 12:00 pm. The dates for these trainings include: February 28, March 7, March 28, April 4, April 11, and April 18.
- In-Person Training: A three-day, in-person training will be held in downtown Little Rock, Arkansas, on March 14-16, 2023. Training will begin at 8:30 am and end by 4:30 pm each day.
- Assignments: Assignments will be completed before the first training and between each training session. Each assignment will take between 30 and 60 minutes to complete.
- Capstone: Participants will complete the certification by planning and implementing a capstone facilitation either live online or in-person. The capstone provides the opportunity to apply and practice.
The $900 program fee includes all training materials, instruction, mentoring, and support.
Register online at https://forms.gle/Lo2BfwQfM4NiLNRu9
*All times listed are Central Time and Central Standard Time.
Find a Group Facilitator
If you are a community organization, nonprofit or government agency, APAC can help identify a facilitator for your upcoming meeting, retreat, strategic planning process, or other group event. If interested, send a description to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (501) 916-6056. Consider answering the following questions in your description:
- What would you like to accomplish through a facilitated process?
- Do you have dates/times set or are they open?
- If dates/times are not set, how much time are you thinking of allocating for the facilitation(s) with your group? Do you have a preference for the facilitation(s) happening during the day, at night, on the weekend, etc.? What time of year would you like your facilitation(s) to happen (e.g., September, Fall, etc.)
- How many people will be included in the facilitation(s)?
- Will the facilitation(s) be held online or in-person or some of both?
- Are you seeking a volunteer facilitator or do you have funding to pay a facilitator?
- What information would you like to know about potential facilitators (e.g., past facilitation experience, resume, etc.)? Would you prefer someone with a certain type of experience (e.g., experience with youth, DEI experience, etc.)?
For More Information
Contact APAC at email@example.com or (501) 916-6056.
For regular updates about our programs, follow us on social media: