APAC’s Certified Group Facilitator (CGF) program develops skilled facilitators who work in the public sector. These facilitators help groups, teams, and communities make good decisions, resolve conflict, solve problems, and meet goals. When groups have a skilled facilitator, their decisions are more inclusive, better informed, and more effective.
The CGF program provides extensive training and significant opportunities to practice. Participants in the program will:
- Learn how to help groups achieve their goals.
- Plan facilitated meetings.
- Experience and practice facilitation skills.
- Discover ways to manage difficult group participants.
- Start a personal portfolio of facilitation resources.
“Facilitation enables and empowers a group to carry out a task or perform an action. The facilitator does not perform the task, but uses certain skills in a process which allows the group to reach their decision, set their goal, learn a skill…Facilitation encourages greater participation and responsibility for decisions.” -Quote from “Developing Facilitation Skills” by Patricia Prendiville
We are including both in-person and live online facilitation training in the Spring 2022 program. Participants will have the opportunity to learn facilitation techniques that work in both environments. The program requires approximately 60 hours of time between January and May 2022 including:
- IN-PERSON TRAINING: A three-day, in-person training will be held in Little Rock, Arkansas, on January 25-27, 2022 from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm each day.
- LIVE ONLINE TRAINING: Six trainings will be held via Zoom. They will be on Thursdays from 8:30 am to 12:00 pm. The dates for these trainings include:
- January 13 and 20, 2022
- February 3, 10, 17 and 24, 2022
- ASSIGNMENTS: Assignments will be completed before the first training and between each training session. Each assignment will typically take between 30 and 60 minutes to complete.
- CAPSTONE FACILITATION: Participants will complete the certification by planning and implementing a capstone facilitation either live online or in-person. The capstone provides the opportunity to apply and practice.
The $900 program fee includes all training materials, instruction, mentoring, and support.
Find a Group Facilitator
APAC can help identify a facilitator for your upcoming meeting, retreat, strategic planning process, or other group event. If interested, send a description to email@example.com or call (501) 916-6056. Consider answering the following questions in your description:
- What would you like to accomplish through a facilitated process?
- Do you have dates/times set or are they open?
- If dates/times are not set, how much time are you thinking of allocating for the facilitation(s) with your group? Do you have a preference for the facilitation(s) happening during the day, at night, on the weekend, etc.? What time of year would you like your facilitation(s) to happen (e.g., September, Fall, etc.)
- How many people will be included in the facilitation(s)?
- Will the facilitation(s) be held online or in-person or some of both?
- Are you seeking a volunteer facilitator or do you have funding to pay a facilitator?
- What information would you like to know about potential facilitators (e.g., past facilitation experience, resume, etc.)? Would you prefer someone with a certain type of experience (e.g., experience with youth, DEI experience, etc.)?
For More Information
Contact APAC at firstname.lastname@example.org or (501) 916-6056.
For regular updates about our programs, follow us on social media: