- This event has passed.
Webinar: “How to Help Support Your Faculty During the Transition to Online”
August 12, 2020 at 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
Free Webinar: “How to Help Support Your Faculty During the Transition to Online”
Presented by Dr. David Montague, Executive Director of Online Learning and Faculty Mentoring at the University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
The transition to online learning last spring brought significant challenges. From faculty already having experience online to faculty brand-new to online learning, learning curves dealing with technology, communication, and pedagogy were and are still a reality. The reality is that in spring 2020, universities had little time in moving course offerings online, let alone the ability to promote quality instruction or learning. However, many in the educational arena assert students will most likely have higher expectations for their online courses as they move into the fall and beyond. This webinar provides information on how the transition of courses online requires strategy and collaboration in order to enable faculty in promoting student success.
In this webinar, you will learn:
– Understand the importance of instructional continuity and these realities in moving classes online: Communication, Technology, and Quality Assurance
– How university resources can be leveraged for training of faculty in quick transition to online modality
– Learn the importance of innovation to promote faculty support of other faculty on online pedagogy during a crisis
– Promoting quality online instruction by flexibly offering resources to faculty that go beyond the basic transition online
– Importance of keeping pace with university online infrastructure to support needs of students and faculty in the online environment
Click on this link to register. Email us after the webinar to confirm you participated and earn 10 points toward ATLE awards.