Sherrie Flick will be reading her new story collection, Whiskey, Etc., this Wednesday in the Fine Arts Building Room 157, beginning at 7pm. There will be light refreshments starting at 6:30pm. Please join us! Free and open to the public.
The bookstore will be on-hand with copies of her books for sale.
Learn more about Sherrie Flick’s work at her author page.
Whiskey, Etc., was named to “Best of 2016: Best Fiction Books” List by Entropy magazine.
- “Flick’s collection keeps readers engaged with her crisp and lyrical writing. Her eye for detail is poetically rendered, and she turns the mundane into the beautiful.” –Megan Douglas, Barrelhouse Reviews
- “Flick nails the ending every time.” –Kelly Lynn Thomas, Eleventh Stack, Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh
- “Whiskey, Etc. is a sharp-edged, intelligent, brilliantly written collection of short shorts by a writer at the very top of her game.” –Kathy Fish
- “…deliciously intoxicating.” –Kim Chinquee
- “As if dining on small plates of delicious food, doubters of brevity’s value will leave Whiskey, Etc. feeling pleasantly full.” –Fred Shaw, Pittsburgh City Paper
- “Flick is an expert at finding the unnerving, the unusual, the exceptional in life’s regularities.” –JoAnna Novak, DIAGRAM