In the wake of COVID-19, the telecommunications project temporarily suspended deployment of VoIP phones on campus in March. However, since this time all campus call centers (ASK UA Little Rock, Financial Aid, Registrar, Bursar, and Admissions.), have been successfully migrated to the new VOIP system, which enables those areas to successfully operate remotely.
Additionally, campus departments that are physically moving locations or academic departments directly impacted by the college restructuring are being migrated to the new phone system when appropriate. Lastly, progress continues on migrating all outdoor emergency telephones to the new system as well.
Phone audit activities for upcoming phases continue. The project will formally resume after the campus has returned to normal operations and tasks will be scheduled accordingly. Offices will not be entered without prior authorization to ensure safety for everyone.
College Restructuring – June and July 2020
- Study Abroad
- Orientation and Transitions
- Department of Public Safety
- Communications Department
- International Student Services
- Center of Applied Studies in Education
- Engineering and Information Technology
- College of Education and Health Professions
- College of Social Sciences and Communication
- Call Centers migration from remote to on campus
Phase 4 – Resume deployment, August 2020
- Student Affairs
- Financial Services
- Human Resources
- Student Services Center
Phase 5 – September 2020
- South End of Campus, University Plaza to Dickinson Hall
Phase 6 – October 2020
- North End of Campus, Center for Integrative Nanotechnology Sciences to 28th Street
- Children’s International
- Campus Living
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact IT Services for assistance.