If you wish to use a desktop client such as Outlook or Thunderbird with your UALR Google Mail account, you may follow the instructions below. For other clients or devices, please follow the instructions on the Google Support Site to configure these clients.
- Your full email address (e.g., firstname.lastname@example.org) is your client user name used to log in.
- Hostname: imap.gmail.com
- Port: 993
- Secure connection setting: SSL
- Hostname: smtp.gmail.com
- Port: 587
- Secure connection setting: TLS (if TLS is not an option in your client, use SSL and port 465)
Troubleshooting a locked account
If too many failed password attempts are made on your mail account, Google may place a lock preventing you from logging in with a mail client. To remove the lock, use Google’s account verification / unlock page.
Follow these steps after verifying or resetting your Mail password:
- On the Google account verification log-in page, enter your full email address (do not enter your password at this time) and click the Sign in button.
- On the UALR log-in page, enter your NetID username and password and click the Log in button.
- On the Additional Verification page, click the Continue button.
- Log into your mail account on your mail client to verify the lock has been removed.