Chapters 30 and 1606
The Chapter 30, Montgomery GI Bill (MGIB) is available to those who enlist in the U.S. Armed Forces. There are two main programs:
- Montgomery GI Bill Active Duty (MGIB-AD) For active duty members who enroll and pay $100 per month for 12 months and are then entitled to receive a monthly education benefit once they have completed a minimum service obligation.
- Montgomery GI Bill Selected Reserve (MGIB-SR) For Reservists with a six-year obligation in the Selected Reserve who are actively drilling.
Chapter 1606, Reserve Educational Assistance Program (REAP) provides educational assistance to members of the Reserve components called or ordered to active duty in response to a war or national emergency declared by the president or Congress.
Certificate of Eligibility
- Apply for your education benefits on the vets.gov or you come into the UA Little Rock Office of Military Student Success and we will help you apply.
- Provide your confirmation number and subsequent Certificate of Eligibility to the UA Little Rock Office of Military Student Success.
Also, if you have a Notice Of Basic Eligibility (NOBE), give a copy to the UA Little Rock Office of Military Student Success.
- All students receiving benefits need to provide the UA Little Rock Office of Military Student Success a copy of their UA Little Rock academic advisor-approved course plan.
- Graduate students must give the UA Little Rock Office of Military Student Success a copy of their official Acceptance Letter to UALR Graduate School program before they can be certified to UA Little Rock.
- The UA Little Rock Office of Military Student Success will certify your enrollment with the VA.
- On the last day of the month, you must verify your enrollment to the VA via the Web Automated Verification of Enrollment (WAVE) or by calling the toll free Interactive Voice Response line at 1-877-823-2378.
- Monthly benefits are paid directly to you to use at your discretion; however, you are responsible for paying tuition and fees.
- UA Little Rock will certify your UA Little Rock courses; your other institution will certify its own courses.
- Your UA Little Rock academic advisor must approve the other institution’s academic plan for you.
- You must provide the UA Little Rock Office of Military Student Success with your academic advisor’s approval.
- UA Little Rock Office of Military Student Success will send a ‘Parent School Letter’ to the other institution, which permits the other institution to certify you to receive VA benefits for those courses.
Reserve Education Center
63D Regional Support Command (East) Education Office
8000 Camp Robinson Rd, North Little Rock, AR 72118-2205
Mr. Joe Quigley – Education Services Specialist
CDR, 63D RSC (East) (AR, TX, LA)
8000 Camp Robinson Road, North Little Rock, AR 72118-2205
Toll Free: (800) 501-1493 ext 7340
CIV: (501) 771-7340
Fax: (501) 771-7350
Soldier’s Last Name A-F
Tanisha Williams – Education Services Advisor
CIV: (501) 771-7314; Email:
Soldier’s Last Name G-L
Mr. Jamie L. Brimley – Education Services Advisor
CIV: (501) 771-7367; Email: email@example.com
Soldier’s Last Name M-R
Ms. Shirley Mosley – Education Services Advisor
CIV: (501) 771-7375; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Soldier’s Last Name S-Z
All Education Services Advisors