The Office of Military Student Success serves over 700 Active Duty, Reservists, National Guard Members, Veterans, and their family members. We have students stationed on 6 continents and represented by all 5 branches of service.
The Military Student Success Center is the place to start. We are here to help you with your educational journey.
The Center has a lounge, study area with computers, conference area, and kitchen area.
The Center staff consists of three full-time employees—the Director, the Assistant Director, and a Military Student Success Facilitator—as well as a team VA Work Study Students.
We are advocates for the military student population and are able to assist you with any concerns you may have about your student experience and facilitate a resolution.
Director of Military Student Success
The Director of Military Student Success is Kathy Oliverio. Ms. Oliverio is a retired U.S. Air Force Veteran. The Director’s duties consist of
- advising military students about career paths,
- serving on various campus committees representing our students and their needs,
- working with military bases and local regional, state and federal entities on the needs of the military students,
- updating and maintaining the Air Force Portal, GOARMYED, and other military portals for tuition assistance purposes,
- serving as point of contact for the Military inquiries for UA Little Rock “Major Decisions” recruitment campaign, and
- resolving various other concerns of our military and Veteran student population.
Assistant Director of Military Student Success
The Assistant Director of Military Student Success is Kaycee Greenwood. Ms. Greenwood is a U.S. Air Force Veteran. The Assistant Director’s duties consist of
- certifying enrollment,
- verifying grades and academic status,
- ensuring payment verification of VA educational benefits,
- performing other duties related to the VA educational benefits certification process, and
- reporting to local regional, state, and federal entities in regards to VA educational benefits.
Military Student Success Facilitator
- Main P.O.C. for Little Rock AFB and Camp Robinson personnel
- Counsel prospective students on degree programs, campus services
- Educate students on DoD Tuition Assistance and VA Educational Benefits
- Serve as an advocate for and liaison between military students and UA Little Rock Offices to resolve concerns
VA Work Study Students
In addition to the UA Little Rock full-time staff there is a team of VA Work Study students. The VA Work Study Students assist with phone calls, emails, and verification of documentation required for certification. They are able to assist students and can provide answers to many questions you may have.
If you are interested in becoming a VA work study, please fill out a VA work study application and email it to email@example.com.
(501) 682-VETS (8387)
Speech Building, Room 111
Click for Map
Monday – Friday
8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
University of Arkansas at Little Rock
Office of Military Student Success
2801 S. University Ave.
Little Rock, AR 72204