The newly established Military Student Success Center is the place to start. We are here to help you with your educational journey.
The Center has a lounge, study area with computers, conference area, and kitchen area.
The Center staff consists of two full-time employees—the Director and Assistant Director—as well as a team VA Work Study Students.
Both our Director and Assistant Director are advocates for the military student population and are able to assist you with any concerns you may have about your student experience and facilitate a resolution.
Director of Military Student Success
The Director of Military Student Success is Kathy Oliverio. Ms. Oliverio is a retired U.S. Air Force Veteran. The Director’s duties consist of
- advising military students about career path,
- serving on various campus committees representing our students and their needs,
- working with military bases and local regional, state and federal entities on the needs of the military and veteran students,
- updating and maintaining the AI Portal, GOARMYED, and other military portals for tuition assistance purposes,
- serving as point of contact for the Military inquiries for UA Little Rock “Major Decisions” recruitment campaign, and
- resolving various other concerns of our military and veteran student population.
Assistant Director of Military Student Success
The Assistant Director of Military Student Success is Cheryl Kleeman. Miss Kleeman is a Veteran of the U.S. Coast Guard. Miss Kleeman is the School Certifying Official for the VA educational benefits. The Assistant Director’s duties consist of
- certifying enrollment,
- verifying grades and academic status,
- ensuring payment verification of VA educational benefits,
- performing other duties related to the VA educational benefits certification process, and
- reporting to local regional, state, and federal entities in regards to VA educational benefits.
VA Work Study Students
In addition to the UA Little Rock full-time staff there is a team of VA Work Study students. The VA Work Study Students assist with phone calls, emails, and verification of documentation required for certification. They are able to assist students and can provide answers to many questions you may have.
If you are interested in becoming a VA work study, please fill out a VA work study application and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(501) 682-VETS (8387)
Speech Building, Room 111
Click for Map
Monday – Friday
8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
University of Arkansas at Little Rock
Office of Military Student Success
2801 S. University Ave.
Little Rock, AR 72204