The Federal Tuition Assistance (TA) and the National Guard Tuition Assistance program (NGTA) programs are completely separate from the monthly GI Bill processing that is administered through our office.
You must apply for each program individually in order to be eligible. The following is information about how to use TA at UA Little Rock.
Please take a look at the instructions for using NGTA. This program is processed by the UA Little Rock Office of Financial Aid.
Active Duty TA
General Eligibility Requirements:
- Active duty military members
- Military members in AGR status, pursuant to Title 10 and Title 32
- Reserve Component personnel in an active drilling status who are coded as “satisfactory participant.”
- Eligibility requirements on dependent upon your branch of service. Contact you education office for information regarding TA.
- TA must be approved prior to the first day of class.
- Each branch of service has submission dates for TA applications each term. Confirm this date with your branch of service’s education office. All Branches: You must have TA approved prior to the first day of class.
Note: Make sure to use class numbers not the CRN or title.
- An example of a class number is RHET 1311.
- The title of the class is Composition I.
Grades cannot be posted unless the course number and title are correct.
Instructions from the Air Force AI Portal
The AI Portal offers this guidance for “Students’ Perspective for the Air Force’s Tuition Assistance Process” to get your TA form.
Instructions from goarmyed.com
GoArmyEd.com has these instructions to get your TA form.
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know if you have difficulty downloading either of these instructions.
The online magazine Military.com has an excellent information page regarding tuition assistance.
Approved for Federal Tuition Assistance (TA)
Once your classes are approved for TA, please submit the TA form that lists the exact dollar amount TA will pay for each class, to the UA Little Rock Student Accounts Office:
- in person, take to the Donaldson Student Services Center (SSC), Room 120, or
- by email to email@example.com with a subject of “Tuition Assistance Approval,” or
- by fax to (501) 569-8049