Federal Tuition Assistance (TA) and the National Guard Tuition Assistance (NGTA) programs are processed differently than how our office processes the GI Bill.
You must apply for each program individually in order to be eligible. The following is information about how to use Federal TA at UA Little Rock.
Active Duty TA
General Eligibility Requirements:
- Active duty military members
- Military members in AGR status, pursuant to Title 10 and Title 32
- Reserve Component personnel in an active drilling status who are coded as “satisfactory participant.”
- Eligibility requirements on dependent upon your branch of service. Contact your education office for information regarding TA.
- Each branch of service has submission dates for TA applications each term. Confirm this date with your branch of service’s education office.
- All Branches: You must have TA approved prior to the first day of class.
Note: Make sure to use class number not the CRN or title.
- An example of a class number is RHET 1311.
- The title of the class is Composition I.
Grades will not be posted automatically unless the course number and title are correct.
Instructions from the Air Force Students TA Submission
The following is what information is required and how it is formatted:
Instructions from goarmyed.com
Approved for Federal Tuition Assistance (TA)
- in person, take to the Donaldson Student Services Center (SSC), Room 120, or
- by email to email@example.com with a subject of “Tuition Assistance Approval,” or
- by fax to (501) 569-8049