Vice Chancellor Bob Adams to retire

UALR Chancellor Joel E. Anderson announced today the retirement of Bob Adams, vice chancellor for finance and administration. Adams will remain in his position until June 30, 2015.

A search for the new vice chancellor will begin immediately.Bob Adams 21

“Bob Adams leaves very large shoes to fill, having led UALR through significant advancements, including numerous capital construction projects,” said Anderson.

“I speak on behalf of the whole campus community in saying thank you to Dr. Adams for his excellent service to the university. He and his family go with our very best wishes.”

Adams came to UALR in February 2009 after serving as vice chancellor for business and finance for the Tennessee Board of Regents for seven years and previously in other state and higher education finance positions in Tennessee since 1973.

“I am very grateful to have had the opportunity to be a part of the UALR community and the city of Little Rock community,” said Adams.

“I came to UALR to return to the campus environment, which I had missed during my service at the Tennessee systems office. I appreciate Chancellor Anderson for giving me this chance.”

Adams and his wife, Darla, will retire to the Chicago area to be near their son Jeffrey.