The School of Nursing at UA Little Rock meets the state education requirements for the Associate of Applied Science and Bachelor of Science in Nursing Registered Nurse license in the state of Arkansas. UA Little Rock has not determined if the School of Nursing meets the state education requirements in any other state, any U.S. territory, or the District of Columbia.
1. Be fully admitted to UA Little Rock. Transfer students currently
enrolled in other universities at the time of application are required to apply and be accepted into UA Little Rock before applying to the School of Nursing.
2. Attend a Pre-Admission Information Session hosted by the School of Nursing before applying for the AAS program.
3. Have successfully completed with a grade of “C” or better or be enrolled in MATH 1302, RHET 1311, and BIOL 1411 or 1433 (or their equivalents for transfer students). The remaining AAS general education courses may be completed while in the AAS program.
4. Have a minimum of 36 quality points and a GPA of 2.60 in completed AAS general education courses. The GPA and quality points are based on the completed courses at the time of application. GPA is calculated using the most recent grade earned. GPA calculator
5. Students who have completed coursework at UA Little Rock must have a cumulative GPA of 2.00 or higher.
6. Submit an online AAS nursing application with all required documents between January 5 and the February 28 deadline.
Please Note: Students who have completed a previous nursing degree from another country may not be eligible to apply for admission. Please contact the School of Nursing for additional information.
Upon acceptance into the program by the School of Nursing and completion of the following, students will be officially admitted to the nursing program:
- Submission of required documents by the application deadline, February 28, at 5:00 p.m.
- Maintenance of required GPA (required general education course(s)
and UA Little Rock)
- Response to the acceptance email, stating student will attend nursing school
- Attend the required nursing program orientation for admitted nursing students
- Begin AAS nursing courses
- Review Background Check information below provided by the Arkansas State Board of Nursing: