1. Be fully admitted to UA Little Rock. Transfer students currently
enrolled in other universities at the time of application are required to apply and be admitted into UA Little Rock prior to applying to the Nursing Department.
2. Attend Pre-Admission Information Session hosted by the Department of Nursing prior to submitting an application for the AAS program.
3. Have successfully completed or be enrolled in MATH 1302, RHET 1311, and BIOL 1411 or 1433 (or their equivalents for transfer students). The remaining AAS general education courses may be completed while in the AAS program.
4. Have a minimum GPA of 2.60 in completed AAS general education courses. The GPA is based on the completed courses at the time of application. GPA is calculated using the most recent grade earned. GPA calculator
5. Students who have completed coursework at UA Little Rock must have a cumulative GPA of 2.00 or greater.
6. Submit an online AAS nursing application with all required documents between January 5 and the February 28 deadline.
7. ESL students must have TOEFL scores of 83 (internet exam), 207
(computerized exam) or 540 (paper exam).
Please Note: Students who have completed a previous nursing degree from another country may not be eligible to apply for admission. Please contact the Department of Nursing for additional information.
Students will initially be conditionally admitted to the nursing
program. Upon completion of the following, students will be
officially admitted to the nursing program:
- Submission of required documents by the application deadline, February 28 at 5:00 p.m.
- Maintenance of required GPA (required general education course(s)
and UA Little Rock)
- Attend the required nursing program orientation
- Successful completion of NURS 1200 and NURS 1202