The UA-Little Rock Department of Nursing accepts students for the AAS program once a year for the summer term. Applications are accepted January 5 through February 28 at 5:00 p.m. each year.
The Department of Nursing receives more applications than clinical spots available. Students are ranked according to their GPA in the completed AAS general education courses. Please see the AAS admission criteria.
Before you apply to the AAS program
- Attend required Pre-Admission Information Session.
- Apply to UA Little Rock. Applicants should apply for the semester they plan to take classes at UA Little Rock. Students who have previously attended UA Little Rock must reapply for admission if not enrolled in courses within the last two years. A separate application for the AAS program is required after being fully admitted into the university.
Nursing Application Process
- After being fully admitted into the university, submit the AAS Nursing application.
- Applicants will receive an immediate confirmation email. Please read and follow the directions carefully, applications with missing documents will not be considered.
- Submit all required documents listed in your confirmation email to the Department of Nursing by February 28, 5:00 p.m. deadline.
After you Apply
- The Department of Nursing Admissions Committee reviews applications individually. Notification of acceptance starts in March and continues through May.
- Students will be notified by the email provided in their application. Please check your email daily. Any clarification or requests for additional documentation will be sent through the primary email address listed on the application.
- Please do not call the Department of Nursing regarding your application status. If there is an emergency, refer to the contact information in your confirmation email.
- Check your email daily
- Priority is not given to early submissions