The UA Little Rock School of Nursing accepts students for the AAS in Nursing program once a year, during the summer term. The application period begins Dec. 15 and ends Jan. 31 at 5 p.m. each year.
The School of Nursing receives more applications than clinical spots available. Students are ranked according to their GPA in the completed AAS general education courses. Please see the AAS admission criteria.
COVID-19 Vaccine Statement: UA Little Rock and the UA Little Rock School of Nursing do not require potential or current students to receive the COVID-19 vaccine for admission into the institution or admission into a program of interest. Additionally, potential and current students are not required to report their COVID-19 vaccination status as part of the application process for the University or program of interest.
However, clinical facilities may request COVID-19 vaccination status or require COVID-19 vaccination for any person assigned to their clinical facilities. Students may be required to demonstrate proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, as outlined in the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommendations, in order to attend clinical experiences at some facilities. Upon request, in order to attend a clinical experience, students must provide proof of vaccination status.
Clinical facilities that require COVID-19 vaccinations for all persons providing care at their facilities will be noted prior to students signing up for clinical rotations. Clinical facilities may change their COVID-19 vaccination requirements after students have signed up for clinical rotations. Consequently, UA Little Rock and the UA Little Rock School of Nursing cannot guarantee placement at an alternate clinical facility if the students do not meet COVID-19 requirements after signing up for clinical rotations.
UA Little Rock and the UA Little Rock School of Nursing cannot guarantee placement at any clinical facility or that a student will be placed and accepted at the facility of the student’s choice. Failure to complete the required course outcomes and clinical experiences outlined in the program curriculum may result in a delay in program completion or inability to complete the program.
Before you apply to the AAS program
- Attend a required Pre-Admission Information Session
- Apply to UA Little Rock. Applicants should apply for the semester they plan to take classes at UA Little Rock. Students who have previously attended UA Little Rock must reapply for admission if they have not enrolled in courses within the last two years. A separate application for the AAS program is required after being fully admitted to the university.
- After being fully admitted to UA Little Rock, you can submit the AAS in Nursing application.
- Applicants will receive an immediate confirmation email. Please read and follow the directions carefully. Applications missing requested documents will not be considered.
- Submit all required documents listed in your confirmation email to the School of Nursing by the Jan. 31 deadline.
After you apply
- Ensure you receive a confirmation email to your ualr.edu email
- Check your ualr.edu email daily for any updates on your application status