The UA-Little Rock Department of Nursing accepts students once a year for courses that begin in the summer term. The Department of Nursing receives more applications than clinical spots available. For acceptance, students will be ranked according to Grade Point Average in the required AAS general education courses.
UA-Little Rock Nursing accepts applications beginning January 5 of each year. The Department of Nursing has a priority deadline of Feb. 28 for all students applying to the AAS RN program. Completed applications and documents must be turned in by 5:00 p.m. on February 28.
Before you Apply
- Attend Pre-Admission Information Session. Nursing admissions can be a complex process depending on the individual student. Students are required to attend a group information session prior to applying to the program.
- Apply to UA Little Rock. Applicants should apply for Summer semester. Students must apply to UA Little Rock and the Department of Nursing separately. (Previous UA Little Rock students must reapply to the institution if you have not taken classes in two years). You do not need to reapply to the university if you are currently enrolled as a UA Little Rock student.
- Current UA Little Rock students must attend an individual advising appointment with a Pre-Nursing Academic Advisor. To schedule an appointment visit https://ualr.edu/cehp/advising/ (This is only for students who will be registering for general education courses before attending nursing school. If you do not intend on taking gen ed classes you can skip this step.)
- Submit the appropriate Department of Nursing program application. This is separate from the general admissions application. The application will be published on January 5 at ualr.edu/nursing. It will close on February 28.
- Review your confirmation email. Once you submit your nursing application, a confirmation email will be sent electronically. You must read and follow the directions carefully.
- Submit the completed application (found in your confirmation email), unofficial transcripts from ALL PREVIOUS COLLEGES and any required supplemental documents to the Department of Nursing. Please note, individual applications may require additional documentation such as TOEFL scores, clemency forms, letters of good standing, etc. Applicants will not be considered until all documentation has been submitted with the confirmation email. Please refer to the confirmation email submission instructions.
After you Apply
- The Department of Nursing Admissions Committee reviews applications individually. Notification of acceptance are made in March and April.
- Check your email. Any clarification or requests for additional documentation will be sent through the primary email address listed on the application.