The School of Nursing at UA Little Rock meets the state education requirements for the Associate of Applied Science and Bachelor of Science in Nursing Registered Nurse license in the state of Arkansas. UA Little Rock has not determined if the School of Nursing meets the state education requirements in any other state, any U.S. territory, or the District of Columbia.
- Be fully admitted to UA Little Rock. Transfer students currently enrolled in other universities at the time of application are required to apply and be accepted into UA Little Rock before applying to the School of Nursing.
- Attend a Pre-Admission Information Session hosted by the School of Nursing before applying for the AAS program.
- Have successfully completed with a grade of “C” or better MATH 1321, RHET 1311, and BIOL 1411 or 1433 (or their equivalents for transfer students). The remaining AAS general education courses may be completed while in the AAS program.
- Have a minimum of 36 quality points and a GPA of 2.60 in completed AAS general education courses. The GPA and quality points are based on the completed courses at the time of application. GPA is calculated using the most recent grade earned.
- Students who have completed coursework at UA Little Rock must have a cumulative GPA of 2.00 or higher.
- Submit an online AAS nursing application with all required documents between Dec. 15 and the Jan. 31 deadline.
Please Note: Students who have completed a previous nursing degree from another country may not be eligible to apply for admission. Please contact the School of Nursing for additional information.
Students will be officially admitted to the nursing program after acceptance into the program and completion of the following:
- Submission of required documents by the application deadline, Jan. 31, at 5 p.m.
- Maintenance of required GPA (required general education course(s) and UA Little Rock)
- Response to the acceptance email, stating student will attend nursing school
- Attend the required nursing program orientation for admitted nursing students
- Begin AAS nursing courses
- Review Background Check information below provided by the Arkansas State Board of Nursing:
Calculation of Required General Education Course GPA
A minimum of a 2.6 required general education GPA is required to enter the applicant pool for the nursing program. The following guidelines are used to calculate NCSC GPA:
- Course quality points will be calculated based on the UA Little Rock course equivalent.
- The highest grade in option courses will be recorded. Example: If the applicant has a “C” in Psychology and a “B” in Sociology the “B” will be recorded on the worksheet.
- Students who receive credit by examination (CLEP, AP, ACT, SAT) for courses will be awarded a grade of “A” for the purpose of calculation of GPA and quality points.
- Grades for applicants who receive a course waiver for a course will be recorded as an “A”.
- Students who completed 1320 Honors Composition will have a grade of “A” calculated for Rhetoric 1311 and Rhetoric 1312.
- “D” and “F” grades in required general education courses are recorded and calculated.
Students must have access to a working computer (laptop or desktop) outside of the university setting with the specifications to meet course and curriculum requirements. Chromebooks, iPads, and tablets will not meet course/curriculum requirements. Access to a stable internet connection outside of the university setting is also required with up-to-date software such as Windows 10 and the equivalent operating system for MAC users.
|Operating System||Browser||Browser Notes|
|Windows 10 and later||Google Chrome||Most current version|
|Microsoft Edge||Most current version|
|MacOS 10.13 and later||Google Chrome or Apple Safari||Safari Users must disable the “prevent cross-site tracking” setting under Safari privacy setting|
|Chrome OS, IOS, and Android||Google Chrome||Most current version|
- Internal or external microphone
- Internal or external webcam
*For users with computers running older versions of either Windows or MacOS, both Microsoft and Apple offer free upgrades to newer versions of these operating systems. They provide instructions for upgrading on their respective websites. Be sure to verify you are only downloading software from official company websites and not illegitimate third parties.