The School of Nursing has an Academic Counselor dedicated to helping you reach your goal of earning a Bachelor of Science in Nursing. Please review the RN to BSN Admissions Requirements and contact Belinda Nix at 501-916-5172 if you have any questions. You can also submit a request form.
- You must be currently admitted to UA Little Rock or have been enrolled within the last two years with a 2.0 GPA. Transfer students currently enrolled in other universities at the time of application are required to apply and be admitted into UA Little Rock before applying to the RN to BSN online program.
- Submit all college and nursing transcripts to the UA Little Rock Admission Office.
- Have a current, unencumbered RN license or
- Be a recent associate degree or diploma graduate or
- Be a graduate from a basic RN program outside the United States with a current unencumbered USA, RN license; or
- Be enrolled in the final semester of an associate degree or diploma RN program
- Have completed at least 12-hours of RN-to-BSN required general education courses beyond an AAS or diploma RN program with a grade of “C” or better.
- Submit a completed School of Nursing RN to BSN application.
Exception: Nursing Health Assessment (NURS 3220 and 3230) may be completed during enrollment in the final semester of an associate degree or diploma RN program.
Recent associate degree or diploma graduates may begin the program prior to sitting for the NCLEX-RN Exam.
Students awaiting an RN license may take NURS 3220, NURS 3230, NURS 3310, and NURS 3420; students may not take any additional core nursing courses without a valid, unencumbered RN license.
Failure to obtain and/or maintain an unencumbered registered nursing license may result in administrative withdrawal.
Students must have access to a working computer (laptop or desktop) outside of the university setting with the specifications to meet course and curriculum requirements. Chromebooks, iPads, and tablets will not meet course/curriculum requirements. Access to a stable internet connection outside of the university setting is also required with up-to-date software such as Windows 10 and the equivalent operating system for MAC users.
|Operating System||Browser||Browser Notes|
|Windows 10 and later||Google Chrome||Most current version|
|Microsoft Edge||Most current version|
|MacOS 10.13 and later||Google Chrome or Apple Safari||Safari Users must disable the “prevent cross-site tracking” setting under Safari privacy setting|
|Chrome OS, IOS, and Android||Google Chrome||Most current version|
- Internal or external microphone
- Internal or external webcam
*For users with computers running older versions of either Windows or MacOS, both Microsoft and Apple offer free upgrades to newer versions of these operating systems. They provide instructions for upgrading on their respective websites. Be sure to verify you are only downloading software from official company websites and not illegitimate third parties.