The UA Little Rock School of Nursing accepts students for the AAS program once a year for the summer term. Applications are accepted Dec. 15 through Jan. 31 each year.
Students who have either an LPN license or Paramedic license will need to gather documentation in addition their application submission. Required documents MUST be submitted by the application deadline: Jan. 31 at 5 p.m.
COVID-19 Vaccine Statement: UA Little Rock and the UA Little Rock School of Nursing do not require potential or current students to receive the COVID-19 vaccine for admission into the institution or admission into a program of interest. Additionally, potential and current students are not required to report their COVID-19 vaccination status as part of the application process for the University or program of interest.
However, clinical facilities may request COVID-19 vaccination status or require COVID-19 vaccination for any person assigned to their clinical facilities. Students may be required to demonstrate proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, as outlined in the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommendations, in order to attend clinical experiences at some facilities. Upon request, in order to attend a clinical experience, students must provide proof of vaccination status.
Clinical facilities that require COVID-19 vaccinations for all persons providing care at their facilities will be noted prior to students signing up for clinical rotations. Clinical facilities may change their COVID-19 vaccination requirements after students have signed up for clinical rotations. Consequently, UA Little Rock and the UA Little Rock School of Nursing cannot guarantee placement at an alternate clinical facility if the students do not meet COVID-19 requirements after signing up for clinical rotations.
UA Little Rock and the UA Little Rock School of Nursing cannot guarantee placement at any clinical facility or that a student will be placed and accepted at the facility of the student’s choice. Failure to complete the required course outcomes and clinical experiences outlined in the program curriculum may result in a delay in program completion or inability to complete the program.
Before you apply to the AAS Program
- Attend required Pre-Admission Information Session
- Apply to UA Little Rock. Students must apply to UA Little Rock and the School of Nursing separately. (Previous UA Little Rock students must reapply to the institution if you have not taken classes in two years).
Nursing application process
- After being fully admitted to the university, please submit the appropriate AAS application (LPN to RN application or the Paramedic to RN application).
- Applicants will receive an immediate confirmation email. Please read and follow the directions carefully. Applications missing requested documents will not be considered.
- Submit all required documents listed in your confirmation email to the School of Nursing by the Jan. 31, 5 p.m. deadline.
After you apply
- Ensure you receive a confirmation email to your ualr.edu email
- Check your ualr.edu email daily for any updates on your application status