SRI Peer Mentors
What is a Peer Mentor?
SRI Peer Mentoring is an outstanding opportunity for undergraduate students to serve as academic and social role models for their peers (Mentees). By sharing their own successes and setbacks as college students, Peer Mentors can support Mentees with 1-on-1 meetings and extracurricular events. Mentors should be able to:
- Act in a leadership role
- Share knowledge with other students
- Support Mentees throughout the year
- Have passion and spirit for UA Little Rock community and events
- Connect students to resources that address their questions or concerns
- Appreciate cultural and personal differences
- Function well in a team environment
- Clearly communicate verbally and in writing
What Are the Perks?
Each Peer Mentor is paid a $400 stipend for an average of 3 hours per week for approximately 16 weeks (48 hours per semester) ($800.00 per academic year). Mentors will also learn personal development and career-building skills in these areas:
- Sharing information to diverse audiences
- Identifying and recommending appropriate resources and services
- Learning leadership skills and the ability to work in a team
- Developing meaningful relationships with others
- Thinking critically and problem-solving skills
What Do I Need to Apply?
- Be enrolled as an undergraduate UA Little Rock student for the 2021-2022 academic year
- Have transferred from another institution and/or identifies as a first-generation student
- Have completed at least 1 semester at UA Little Rock (prefer two semesters)
- Good academic standing (GPA is 2.5 or above) and judicial standing at UA Little Rock
- Ability to attend in-person initial training (August) and ongoing campus activities & events
- Outreach to peer mentees will be a combination of in-person and virtual interactions
- Can regularly touch base with Mentees and SRI staff
- Willing to commit approx. 3 hours per week, per semester (48 hours per semester).
- Mentors can live on or off-campus
How Do I Apply?
Applying is easy! Simply click the button below, fill out and submit. We will review your application and get back to you soon! Peer Mentor interviews and selection will continue until positions are filled for Fall 2021.
2021-2022 Peer Mentor Application