20-21 AP English Workshops
● We will score questions 2 & 3 from both the AP Literature and AP Language classes for participating schools.
● Teachers will be trained to deconstruct prompts and apply the new 6 point rubric provided by the College Board to score essays.
● Each subject area will be led by an experienced College Board reader who is currently reading the national exam.
● Teachers will work directly with table leaders who are experienced College Board readers in their subject areas.
● Teachers will collaborate with other teacher readers at their virtual table to evaluate essays and develop an understanding of targeted instruction to be addressed between the Mock Reading
Workshop and the AP Literature and AP Language exams in May of 2021.
● Students and teachers will use an online essay and scoring platform comparable to the platform used by the College Board to address COVID needs.
● Teachers will receive targeted professional development to address student instructional needs for both AP writing and college level writing.
Join our AR AIMS Directors as they host “Zoom After Hours”. These are free, interactive zoom sessions that may spotlight a specific topic or virtual learning technique. It is also an opportunity to visit and collaborate with teachers around the state in your specific field. We want this to be YOUR TIME. These events will be held monthly through May.
ENGLISH After Hours – March 11 at 6 p.m.
Tech Tips! Topic: Thinking Outside the Doc – Creating, Manipulating, and Using Hyperdocs Effectively
If your school is not an AR AIMS Active Partner, a preview of what you’re missing is below. If you would like to become an AR AIMS School in 2021-2022, please contact Lynn Harrison-Bullard at firstname.lastname@example.org or call at 501-650-5765.
If you have any questions about PreAP or AP English, please contact Susan Skinkle at email@example.com
ENGLISH ACT PREP VIRTUAL WORKSHOP WITH EMILY HOWELL:
- One Day, June 25, 2021: Click HERE for ENGLISH ACT PREP for more information and registration
SUMMER 2021 VIRTUAL LTF-INFUSED WORKSHOP AND FALL 2021 2-DAY WORKSHOP DATES!
SUMMER 2021 LTF-INFUSED VIRTUAL WORKSHOPS DATES:
- English – week of July 5-9, 2021 Click HERE for ENGLISH for more information and registration
FALL 2021 2-DAY IN-PERSON WORKSHOP DATES:
At this time, we are planning to host our Fall 2-Day workshops in person at The Plaza in Little Rock. Of course, this is subject to change and pivot to virtual workshops if this is the guidance of the ADE and CDC.
- English- October 18-19, 2021
More information and registration links for LTF and Fall 2-Day workshops will be posted later in the Spring.