English Language Arts and social studies training equip you with tools to use complex text and relevant content to enhance student skills in reading, writing, and research.
FEBRUARY 10-11, 2020: COMING UP!
- 2 Day English Mock Reading Workshop
- REGISTER for the 2-Day AP English Mock Reading
- 2020 AP English Mock Reading Agenda
SUMMER PD WORKSHOPS
- June 23-26, 2020, Farmington High School
- June 29-July 2, 2020, Maumelle High School
- July 14-17, 2020, Bryant Junior High School
- Click here to get a Printable Summer 2020 English Flyer
- REGISTER for a 4-Day LTF Infused English Training
- As the new year begins, seven English consultants and the English Director are on track to have made 116 visits to the AR AIMS schools receiving English services. These visits are heavily focused on classroom support, model teaching, and assisting teachers as they navigate the demands of the Pre-AP and AP English classrooms.
- Director Susan Skinkle’s English 2 Day Training received overwhelmingly positive teacher response. 94% of the teachers surveyed stated that this workshop was more beneficial than other workshops they’d attended
- The director and consultants are currently working to prepare for our annual English Mock Reading on Feb. 10 and 11, 2020 at the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Little Rock, led by teachers who are AP Readers and work in leadership roles; this leads to an authentic AP Exam reading experience.
- Skinkle will be focusing on offering targeted “mini” professional development opportunities during the reading this year.
- English is also planning summer professional development focusing on the newly created AR AIMS LTF-infused specialty workshops.
- Skinkle is working with the Beebe High School Principal, KarlaTarkington on a Teaching Reading Pilot focused on the development of best practices and strategies to assist teachers in addressing the critical reading and thinking skills demanded by the ACT Aspire test Arkansas students take each year. Plans are to have these resources available for other schools in the future.
- Ongoing English endeavors include: developing a Zoom video library archives, adding materials to the Advanced and AP English Google Sites, and assisting teachers as they implement the new demands of the College Board’s AP English Language and Literature, including the new 6-point rubrics.