- This event has passed.
Mini Professional Development Series for Faculty
September 28, 2022 at 10:00 am - November 22, 2022 at 11:30 pm
The Fall 2022 Mini Professional Development Series for Faculty, organized by Ottenheimer Library and co-sponsored by ATLE, launches Wednesday, September 28 at 10 a.m.
15-minute videos (or less) posted on Blackboard weekly (on demand) on various topics, including library databases as affordable learning content such as Science Online or World Book Timelines, to help promote inclusive and diverse perspectives in the classroom. The series offers new ways for faculty to consider the diverse learning needs and styles of students by implementing different online learning tools or proper accessibility practices in their courses. Lastly, the MPDS focuses on diverse resources to support faculty and student success, including Project CORA, PhET Interactive Simulations, and more.
Participants can earn 3 ATLE points each week from September 28 – November 16, 2022. For some background on the Mini Professional Development Series or instructions on how to sign up, visit the library’s website.
Schedule: (The videos will be made available at 10 a.m. on their scheduled day)
- September 28 – Open Educational Resources for DEI Learning: Project Gutenberg
- October 5 – Open Educational Resources for DEI Learning: Project CORA
- October 12 – Open Educational Resources for DEI Learning: PhET Interactive Simulations
- October 19 – Inclusive and Diverse Perspectives through Affordable Learning Content: World Book Timelines
- October 26 – Inclusive and Diverse Perspectives through Affordable Learning Content: Science Online
- November 2 – Resources for Faculty and Student Success: Research Tips to Teach Students
- November 9 – Learning Tools for Online & In-Person Learning: An Overview of Infogram, MindMeister, and Edpuzzle (part 2)
- November 16 – Inclusivity in Learning Styles and Needs: Designing with Accessibility in Mind (part 2)