Cyber College Assembly
Date: August 16, 2005
Location: ETAS 233
- Attendance: Total of 42 members present. Members that where present:
- Dean’s Office: Good, M., Bruhn, R.
- Staff Representatives:
- Applied Science: Hawk, R., Anderson , G., Cang Ye, Qingfany He, S. Jennings , Hayder Al Shukri
- Computer Science: Bayrak, C., Geoghegan, S., Minsker, S., Tang, P., Yoshigoe, K., Remji Seker, Srini Ramaswamy, F Milanova
- Construction Mgt: Tramel, M., Blacklock, J., Ray, C., Xie, H., J Woodard, J Carr
- Engineering Tech: Midturi, S., Bakr, M., Menhart, S., Pidugu, S., Tschumi, P., C. Hancock
- Information Science: Burris, K., Dagtas, S., Lowry, C., Karlson, N., Tudoreanu, M., Wigand, R., Xu, X., Ningning Wu, O Murphy
- Systems Engineering: Mohan, S., Chan, Y., Jovanovic, N., Liu, X., Reddy, R., H. Al-Rizzo, J Zhang, J Kim
- Dean’s Report
- Dean Good provided update on CyberCollege activities.
- Plans are underway to expand the engineering offerings with mechanical systems and electrical systems options. Funding for this is available and the curriculum has been approved by the department.
- Joe Swaty has made more industry contacts than ever before.
- Srini Ramaswamy has been appointed the Chair of the Computer Science Department.
- Recuritment and retention are one of the most critical issues facing the College.
- Joe Swaty emphasized new updates on CyberCollege website. The Dean also emphasized the importance of keeping the site updated.
- New Business:
- Schedule a meeting after resolving Promotion & Tenure and Joint Appointment issues.