All F-1 students must get health insurance through UA Little Rock. This is included in the price of your IELP tuition. Your coverage will begin on the first day of the semester, but please allow 1-2 weeks for enrollment and insurance card information.
After you arrive at the U A Little Rock, the state of Arkansas requires a vaccination and TB test. IELP will arrange the date with UA Little Rock Health Services (the campus clinic).
1. Measles, Mumps and Rubella (MMR) vaccination
- You can bring your MMR vaccination proof from your home country, but it must be an original document in English, signed by a doctor, and must list the vaccination date.
- Most IELP students get the MMR at UA Little Rock Health Services. Students pay the cost at the time of service and submit the receipt to insurance for reimbursement.
- A second MMR will be required 30 days later.
2. T-SPOT blood test for tuberculosis
- This test must be done in the U.S. at UA Little Rock’s Health Services.
- Students pay the cost at the time of service and submit the receipt to insurance for reimbursement.
- A positive test result will require further tests at an additional cost.