Medical Information

All F-1 students must get health insurance through UA-Little Rock. This is included in the price of your IELP tuition. Your coverage will begin on the first day of the semester, but please allow 1-2 weeks for enrollment and insurance card information.

After you arrive at the University, the State of Arkansas requires a vaccination and TB test. IELP will arrange the date with UA-Little Rock Health Services (the campus clinic).

1. Measles, Mumps and Rubella (MMR) vaccination 

  • You can bring your MMR vaccination proof from your home country, but it must be an original document in English, signed by a doctor, and must list the vaccination date.
  • Most IELP students get the MMR at UA-Little Rock Health Services. If you have student health insurance through UA-Little Rock, you will not have to pay for the MMR.
  • A second MMR will be required 30 days later.

2. T-SPOT blood test for tuberculosis

  • This test must be done in the U.S. at UA-Little Rock’s Health Services.
  • The cost will be charged to you at the time of service. If you have student health insurance through UALR, you will only owe a smaller “co-pay.”
  • A positive test result will require further tests at an additional cost.