Student life coordinator serves as interim director of study abroad

Emily Cox head shot

Student Life Coordinator Emily Cox has been named the interim director of study abroad programs at the University of Arkansas at Little Rock.

Cox began her career at UALR in 2009  as the welcome center coordinator in the Office of Recruitment, which is now combined with the Office of Admissions. She moved to the Campus Life office in 2010 as the student life coordinator.

In her time in Campus Life, Cox has worked with the University Program Council, Welcome Celebrations, women’s programs, the UALR Forum, and the Student Government Association.

Q. How have things been since you started working in the study abroad program?  

A. Things have been beautifully chaotic. I’ve met some amazing new contacts on campus, some great new students, and I’ve learned so much.

Q. What do you hope to accomplish while interim director in study abroad?  

A. I hope to share the study abroad experience with more students across campus. One of UALR’s main goals is to enrich the lives of their students, and there’s no better way to achieve that than to travel around the globe.

Q. What do you hope to gain while working in study abroad?  

A. I hope to gain a better knowledge of the globe and how students interact with the global culture and become global citizens when they leave UALR.

Q. What will you miss at the Campus Life office?

A. The students I worked with, because they are the best! Although they know I’m still on campus, and they can reach out and come visit anytime they need or want to.

Q. Is there anything you would like to add?

A. UALR’s study abroad program is truly a fantastic part of the student experience, and I hope to grow that within my time here, so I encourage students and faculty members interested in leading programs to check out our website (ualr.edu/studyabroad) or come and visit us in the Student Services Center 417.