Student Success Workshop Series continues

University of Arkansas at Little Rock

Students at the University at the Arkansas at Little Rock can look forward to gaining valuable tools during this month’s Student Success Workshop Series.

From 1:30 to 2:30 p.m. on Tuesday, Feb. 7, and Friday, Feb. 10, Avestine Ward, certified credit counselor and First Year Experience adjunct, will advise students on how to manage their budgets, credit, and purchases during “How Do I Keep My Money?”

“This workshop will teach students quick banking strategies as well as the value of having good credit,” said Trakenya Dobbins, interim director of the Office of Undergraduate Academic Advising. “This will help them to get life started the right way.”

The following workshop, “Can I Just Say What I’m Thinking,” focuses on professional communication in the workplace. This session will take place from 1:30 to 2:30 p.m. on Tuesday, Feb. 14, and Friday, Feb. 17, in Donaghey Student Center Room 205 D .

“We want to teach students early on how to properly execute a complaint or voice their concerns in the workplace in the right manner,” Dobbins said.

This workshop will be led by Cassandra Woods, human resource training and development manager and Title IX deputy director.

Daniel Spillers, lead web developer for Information Technology Services, and Meaghan Milliorn, online marketing manager, will tackle “How Do I Establish a Professional Digital Footprint” from 1:30 to 2:30 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 21, and Friday, Feb. 24.

During this workshop, these web gurus will navigate students through new Google applications, while also making them aware of email and social media boundaries.

The final February workshop, “How Do I Make Stress My Friend,” will take place from 1:30 to 2:30 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 28, in the Donaghey Student Center Room D.

“This is right around the time of midterms where students begin to stress out,” Dobbins said. “We’re going to teach students how to alleviate and manage stress by looking at it from a different perspective.”

For more information, contact Dobbins at tgdobbins@ualr.edu.