1) Department annual plan – develop by June 30
- Should be developed in June for the coming year; sometimes done at a division-wide retreat.
- Utilize the Google spreadsheet template that is provided.
- List goals for the department, tactics (what steps will be taken to meet the goal), due dates, and responsible parties. A minimum of three assessments are to be done:
- At least one objective must be assessed and tied to a Student Learning Outcome (SLO) listed on the Student Affairs site. See assessment below.
- At least one objective must be focused on program improvement, and must be assessed with a plan to make programmatic improvements based on the results. See assessment below.
- This annual plan should be reviewed at least monthly at departmental meetings to ensure everyone is on track with their objectives. Due dates can be adjusted based on circumstances.
- Make updates throughout the year, including the final status column.
- This document will provide valuable information for the departmental annual report.
2) Assessment – throughout the year, finish by June 30
- Beginning 2017-18, departments should conduct at least three assessments per academic year, which must be listed in the departmental annual plan:
- At least one must be tied to a Student Learning Outcome (SLO) listed on the Student Affairs site.
- At least one must be an operational assessment that includes a plan to make programmatic improvements based on the results.
- Sharon Downs is available to help departments develop meaningful assessments.
- A mid-year report is due to Sharon by January 31. A template will be provided.
- Results and action plan should be explained in the annual report.
3) Annual Report – due mid-July
- A WordPress form has been set up on all departmental websites to use for entering annual report information.
- Departments are encouraged to make updates throughout the year and keep it in draft form, so it’s not visible on the website.
- Due mid-July for the previous year.
- The curated annual report that includes information from the entire division will be on the website and in print by the end of July.
The Assistant Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs – Wellness and Inclusion is available to assist or advise on any of these strategic initiatives.
Creating Annual Reports