What is membership intake?
This is the National Pan-Hellenic Council’s deferred recruitment process. Sometimes this process will be referred to as “MIP,” or Membership Intake Process.
Basic requirements for joining any NPHC organization:
- Must be a full-time student (enrolled in at least 12 hours the semester of application)
- Maintain at least a 2.5 GPA
- Fill out the Fraternity & Sorority Application
- Completed a minimum of 12 credit hours
- Pay the $15 Application Fee (come to the Student Experience Center in DSC 216 to pay)
Steps to becoming a member of an NPHC organization:
- Fill out the Fraternity & Sorority Application online
- Attend the Interest Meeting/Activity for the individual organization
- Attend an NPHC Greek Forum (these will be held in conjunction with the Interest Meeting/Activity)
- Apply to the organization
- Meet organization requirements and receive an acceptance letter
Each organization has its own financial obligations and specific requirements for membership. One-time fees include initiation fees, induction fees, etc.
If you have any questions, please contact the Student Experience Center at 501.569.3308.