Dr. April Chatham-Carpenter, Department Chair of the Applied Communications Department, will facilitate a three-part Conflict Management Workshop.
This series of workshops focuses on conflict strategies used to manage common types of issues in the workplace, related to interpersonal and group dynamics created over time. Practical ideas will be provided to help work through sticky issues on a variety of topics. Participants will also gain an understanding of their own conflict styles and other possible communication behaviors they can use when managing conflict.
By the end of this series, you should be able to:
- Identify sources of your beliefs about conflict
- Explain how conflict styles influence conflict management
- Describe the impact of power on conflict situations
- Identify specific conflict management strategies to use, and
- Implement communication practices to help manage conflict
SIGN UP FOR THIS EVENT