To support and encourage faculty development on campus, the Provost Office has purchased a 1-year subscription to the Monday Morning Mentor series, a 20-minute mentor video series offered by Magna Publications once a week for 16 weeks in the fall, 16 weeks in the spring.
UA Little Rock’s Academy for Teaching and Learning Excellence (ATLE) and the Faculty Mentoring Program (FMP) have partnered to make this exciting opportunity available for free to all our faculty members and instructors (full-time and part-time) through a shared Blackboard organization shell.
Current participants for the Faculty Mentoring Program will be automatically added to this organization shell and provided with further instructions. ATLE will add any other faculty members who would like to have access to this fast, focused, high-quality training series. Just fill out this form. You can opt-in to participate in this program at any point in the semester and will only need to give us your information once. All participants will receive instructions on how to access the videos and materials every week, as soon as they become available.
Here is what you will get:
- Weekly Monday Morning Mentor videos, presented by respected academic peers, cover timely and relevant topics in only 20 minutes—long enough to provide actionable insights, but short enough to fit anyone’s schedule. These videos are available for on-demand viewing for a full week, making it easy for faculty to view programs where and when it’s convenient.
- Along with each video, you will have access to the supplemental materials, PowerPoint handouts, a transcript, and a certificate of completion.
- 3 points toward ATLE awards for each video you watch (and for completing the video’s corresponding 5-minute quiz on the Blackboard organization shell).
You can expect to see programs on the following:
- Assessment and learning goals
- Classroom management
- Legal concerns
- Physical, mental, and emotional concerns
- Student engagement
- Teaching and learning
- Teaching online
If you have any questions about the Monday Morning Mentor series, please contact Dr. Laura Barrio-Vilar at Lxbarrio@ualr.edu.
Click the following link to fill out the form: https://forms.gle/6omrxi4pV837fxEt5