Darrell Heath: Connecting To The Cosmos

The University of Arkansas at Little Rock is honored to have Professor Darrell Heath as an asset to the Biology Department. Mr. Heath is a professor by day and astronomer by night. After working in the lab on campus, Heath spends the evening exploring the stars and discovering how two stars make a gamma-ray burst. 

Heath’s extensive knowledge of astronomy has heightened by volunteering with the Jet Propulsion program at NASA, which explores the galaxy and it’s unexplained mysteries. 

Heath is a producer and host of the “The Night Sky,” which is a monthly program that Heath uses to connect the general public to the cosmos. Each episode of “The Night Sky” thoroughly explains the scientific and mythological meaning of the multiverse. Astrology plays a hidden role in our lives. Knowing about retrogrades and astrological placements can help you in ways you could never imagine. For instance, mercury retrograde involves the planet that governs communication and technology. Knowing about mercury retrograde would help all UA Little Rock students be proactive and complete assignments, exams and projects early to avoid WiFi and computer glitches during mercury retrograde.

As a communications major, I use mercury retrograde as a personal guide to know when not to verbally participate in discussions to avoid miscommunication and when to complete assignments early in case technical difficulties may occur.  Birth charts are important to know because they thoroughly explain each astrological placement, which helps you gain a better understanding of yourself. For example, my sun is in Taurus but my moon is in Aries. Because of my sun sign I am logical and analytical but another part of me is spontaneous and unpredictable because of my moon sign. You can learn a lot about yourself through these signs.

Astronomy is great for all UA Little Rock students to learn because it allows the curious mind to ask questions about the world around them. You can join Heath and other avid astronomy buffs to discuss astrological events at the next Central Arkansas Astronomical Society meeting.

Heath currently serves as the president and outreach chair at the Central Arkansas Astronomical Society. The CAAS offers affordable student memberships for UA Little Rock Students, with rates starting at $7.50 per month. If you are interested in the “The Night Sky,” CAAS student memberships, mercury retrograde or astrological birth charts – check out the links below for further details.

youtube.com/playlist

caasastro.org

astro.cafeastrology.com/natal.php

google.com/…/when-is-mercury-retrograde-2021-dates-times

Posted in: Best of UALR, Commentary, Entertainment, Featured, Features
Read more about: , ,

Comments are closed.