Arkansas Advanced Placement Professional Development Center was established in 2000 at the University of Arkansas at Little Rock under the direction of Dr. Ann Robinson. Outreach programs include the Advanced Placement Summer Institutes, graduate credit for Advanced Placement Summer Institutes, AP and Pre-AP content Summit Workshops, and Advanced Placement Pre-Service opportunity.
- To provide professional development to teachers, administrators, and counselors supporting high expectations for students.
- To provide College Board endorsed AP and Pre-AP professional development in Arkansas.
- To design and implement initiatives which increase the numbers of teachers of color in AP and Pre-AP classrooms.
- To develop a cadre of mentors for prospective teachers of AP and Pre-AP.
- To provide technical assistance to districts developing, expanding, or evaluating AP and Pre-AP programs.
- To conduct research and evaluation on AP and Pre-AP issues.