Exchange Visitor Processing

Bringing a research scholar or visiting faculty member to work at UA Little Rock involves the Research Compliance and Export Controls, the Office of International Student Services, and other offices as necessary to processed the required immigration paperwork needed to obtain status as a visiting scholar.

The following are the steps that need to be followed when bringing a visiting Research Scholar or Faculty member to UA Little Rock.

Steps to Bring a J-1 Researcher or Visiting Professor to UA Little Rock

  1. Create an invitation letter to be signed off by chair and dean.
  2. Forward the signed letter the Research Compliance and Export Controls.
  3. Complete the Visual Compliance Data Form, J-1 Application Form (your exchange visitor), and J-1 Visa Departmental Application and forward them to Research Compliance and Export Controls.
  4. If the exchange visitor is transferring from another college, they will have to complete the J-1 Transfer of Program Sponsorship form.

After J-1 Researcher or Visiting Professor Arrives

  1. Exchange visitor comes to ISS with DS-2019, visa, passport, and I-94 paperwork.  Fills out appropriate paperwork with OIS for check-in.
  2. ISS validates program in the SEVIS system for exchange visitor.
  3. ISS does any other necessary paperwork needed for exchange visitor to work on campus. (Social Security Letter, Non-Resident Alien Employment Approval Form, etc)
  4. Exchange visitor works with Missy Hill for any other necessary paperwork needed to begin employment or research on campus.