International Student Orientation is mandatory and provides a variety of information regarding life at UA Little Rock, campus services for students, academic policies, the U.S. educational system, American culture, health and nutrition concerns, and immigration regulations. Students will also learn more about the Office of International Student Services and the support and retention activities it offers to the community.
During orientation, you will satisfy your Immigration Reporting requirement, so bring your immigration documents and know your local US address. Orientation participation is required prior to class registration.
International Engagement will provide breakfast and a snack on the first day of orientation. Please be prepared to purchase your lunch that first day at one of our on-campus dining options. International Friendship Outreach will provide lunch on the second day of orientation.
Upcoming International Student Orientation Dates
- Summer 2022 New International Student Orientation (May 16, 2022)
- Fall 2022 New International Student Orientation (August 15, 2022)
- Spring 2023 New International Student Orientation (January 10, 2023)
During the mandatory international student orientation prior to the start of each semester, all new F-1 and J-1 international students and visiting scholars are will report to International Student Services. After attending orientation and completing the Immigration Reporting requirements, the International Reporting hold will be removed from the student’s record.
To fulfill your reporting requirement:
- Bring your passport and I-20 or DS-2019 to check in at orientation
- Attend the mandatory sessions at orientation
- Update your personal information in BOSS including your physical US address, active phone number, and emergency contact
Register for Orientation