The Office of International Student Services (OISS) offers orientation sessions at the onset of every Fall, Spring, and Summer semester. International Student Orientation is mandatory for all new international students and provides a variety of information regarding life at UA Little Rock, cultural adjustment, support and retention services for students, insurance and immunization requirements, healthcare in the U.S., immigration regulations, and much more.
During orientation, you will satisfy your Immigration Reporting requirement, so bring your immigration documents and know your local US address. Orientation participation is required prior to class registration.
Upcoming International Student Orientation Dates
- Spring 2024 – New International Student Orientation (January 9, 2024)
- Summer 2024 – New International Student Orientation (May 21, 2024)
- Fall 2024 – New International Student Orientation (August 12, 2024)
All new F-1 and J-1 international students and visiting scholars will report to the Office of International Student Services during the mandatory international student orientation prior to the start of each semester. After attending orientation and completing the Immigration Reporting requirements, the International Reporting (IR) hold will be removed from the student’s record.
To fulfill your reporting requirement:
- Bring your passport and I-20 or DS-2019 to check in at orientation
- Attend the mandatory sessions at orientation
- Update your personal information in BOSS including your physical US address, active phone number, and emergency contact
Register for Orientation