Art for Haiti

There is nothing I love more than shopping for art. I love to buy the works of budding new artists because it’s fun to watch them grow and evolve with their craft. I especially like to buy art when it’s for a good cause so I’m looking forward to attending smART: Artists and Scholars for Haiti art show and sale featuring UALR students.

The show features approximately 100 works by 20 artists in a variety of mediums. All the original artworks created by these caring artists will be sold for $20 or less so everyone is sure to find a treasure that fits their budgets. And, all the proceeds benefit Haiti relief efforts.

The event begins with a reception from 6-8 p.m. Monday, March 29 in the Donaghey Student Center Ledbetter Assembly Hall, Room C. The show continues through March 31 from 10 a.m.- 4 p.m. each day. The event is sponsored by the UALR Donaghey Scholars Student Committee and the UALR Art Student Association. If you have questions, contact Eileen Turan at elturan@ualr.edu or 683.7752.

And now, take a sneak peek at the show!